FS: 1981 Tokai Love Rock LS-200 OS

Looking for a particular Tokai? Selling a Tokai or other gear? post your ad here!!! Dealers please contact Ned before posting.

Moderator: ned

jacco
Guitar God

Post by jacco » Wed May 20, 2015 8:14 am

JVsearch wrote:
Lucke Luke wrote:I do enjoy white wine, but it makes me sneeze a little (red wine more than white). If anyone knows why, let me know. :)
Sorry I don't know why it happens, but I sometimes get the sneezes and sinus/allergy reaction the day after drinking wine.
Well, I do know why that happens, it's part of my professional expertise.
Wine has lots of histamine in it because of the fermentation proces and it also contains sulphite. Both can cause allergic reactions, like sneezing.
Do you have hay fever allergy?

Lucke Luke
Guitar God

Post by Lucke Luke » Wed May 20, 2015 8:44 am

jacco wrote:
JVsearch wrote:
Lucke Luke wrote:I do enjoy white wine, but it makes me sneeze a little (red wine more than white). If anyone knows why, let me know. :)
Sorry I don't know why it happens, but I sometimes get the sneezes and sinus/allergy reaction the day after drinking wine.
Wine has lots of histamine in it because of the fermentation proces and it also contains sulphite. Both can cause allergic reactions, like sneezing.
I'm not aware of any allergies or anything... other than wine that makes me sneeze, and muesli that makes me ^&*(. :lol: However, I have had myself tested for food intolerance, and oddly enough the test came clean.

When I drink wine I feel a wee tingling/tickling sensation in my nose that then causes me to sneeze. With white wine, the sensation is not as strong, and so it does not always make me sneeze. Which is sad, as I do enjoy it! :(

JVsearch
Guitar God

Post by JVsearch » Wed May 20, 2015 10:36 am

jacco wrote:
JVsearch wrote:
I never did have hay fever, but as I've got older I've been wondering if I'm starting to get it.
Although, every time I think I'm getting it due to ageing I remember that I had a couple of glasses of red as well! :lol:

The sulphites are the preservative?
Totally biased towards Japanese made guitars.

jacco
Guitar God

Post by jacco » Wed May 20, 2015 11:13 am

JVsearch wrote: The sulphites are the preservative?
Yes and no.
Sulphite is a product of the fermentation process. So every wine has a small quantity.
But it is also added by the producer as a preservative. The amount every producer adds is different and the reason some wines give more reaction than others.