• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD Unusual Fernandes (Burny) RLG - 60/90 factory hybrid UK

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MancFrank

Reaction score
1987 Dyna / Matsumoku Fernandes branded hybrid. Looks like the body was intended for a Mats RLG - 90 (going by construction & control cavity shape - thx Jacco) but was completed by Dyna after Mats' demise. It has a Dyna style, open book headstock, no heel cap & has FEB. Body has a two piece centre seamed maple top under a cherry burst veneer. Has L8000 / VH 3 pups & electrics wired as per an RLG - 60. Even more unusual is that it appears to have a serial too. It has a couple of dings but nothing major, plays beautifully and sounds awesome.

I'd guess the weight to be in the region of 9 1/2 - 10lbs but my scales are not currently working. Certainly, it has more 'heft' than my other two RLGs.

Looking for ?500 + carriage and I'll ship in an old but sturdy 'Coffin' style case for protection.

Hi res pics can be found here: https://flic.kr/p/pT1638

DSC_0347 by manchesterarchitecture, on Flickr

DSC_0341 by manchesterarchitecture, on Flickr

Frank

Hi Frank, latest insights are that these were Kasuga made, just after Mats closed and right before Dyna took over.
A pic of the tenon will confirm this.
GLWTS!

Hi Jacco,

Thanks for that - just added a pic showing the tenon. Must remember to get this up on MLP too when I have a little more time.

Frank

Hmm, curiouser and curiouser... What, then, to make of the 'D' after the (apparent) serial?

Not that I'm that troubled, mind - it's half the fun of the MIJ game & she still feels and sounds bitchin'.

Took advantage of the ten mins of clear sky we just got to take & upload some better pics, too.

Frank

Well that's not a serial but a date. Burny serial numbers did have a different format (but were also a date, to make it even more confusing ) :D

Back