• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1979 Tokai Reborn LS-120

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marmeduke

Reaction score
1979 Tokai Reborn LS-120. Good condition. All original except pickups which are SD Seth Lovers. $2500 obo. Pics coming

Here's some photos:
IMG_0021_003.JPG

IMG_0025_003.JPG

IMG_0027_003.JPG

IMG_0034_003.JPG

IMG_0038_004.JPG

IMG_0051_003.JPG

Did you check to see if it was solid when you pulled the pickup?

Mono said:
is this your old one, drasp?

Yessir. FANTASTIC guitar, top to bottom. Easily the best MIJ I've had my hands on. Had to let it go to snag a '66 Deluxe Reverb that fell in my lap. . .Im really a "Fender Guy", but I do love a good Lester!!! FWIW, this was Olds442s '120 initially, he called it the Goldilocks Tokai 'cuz it was juuuuust right.

Yes, it has a headstock repair though you wouldn't know it by looking at it. It was repaired by Chicago Fret Works and the process was documented by a previous owner, Olds442, over at MyLesPaul; a really magical job. I intended to disclose this and any other dings or nicks with photos. But the photos will be coming.

drasp said:
It's veneer. Might want to mention the headstock repair too. Kind of a big deal to some folks. . .

Wait, but then he couldn't ask $2500 for it... wow.

marmeduke said:
1979 Tokai Reborn LS-120. Good condition. All original except pickups which are SD Seth Lovers. $2500 obo. Pics coming

while it is in "good" condition, it's worth noting the headstock repair like the person that sold it to you did.

and the person that sold it to him did.

it's probably one of the best repairs i've ever had done, if not the best, but it's really worth mentioning when you sell the guitar.

not disclosing that when selling it, is a really bad idea.

Latest posts

Back