• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fender 1965 Custom Shop Relic f/s or part ex

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejonester

Reaction score
Up for sale is my Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
It?s in the lovely aged Lake Placid Blue which has an awesome green tint to it (just like the original 60?s Fenders).
It has the best fatter 65 neck profile, supposedly like SRVs was, which is nicely aged but not complete back to wood. Still nice and not sticky though.
I have changed the plastic parts to aged green Fatboy replicas. I wanted green parts rather than parchment and I think they are actually better than the washed out rubbish Fender put on there custom shop models. Plus they are more accurate to vintage specs. I had them all custom ordered to suit the aging of the guitar.
The guitar had been rewired with better top of the range CTS pots, vintage correct cloth covered wire, Mallory cap , new 5 way (fender one wore out) and treble bleed mod.
Its wired like Eric Johnsons strat so tone control on neck and bridge pickups but in the middle position (only) this has no tone control? its the way I like it! Just works better for me!
I have replaced the bright thin sounding custom shop pickups with the excellent ?300 Raw Vintage 50?s pickups, they are very rare and expensive in the uk, they sound great and overdrive like no other strat pickup I have heard (without going into higher out put territory and losing the clean Fender sound). They are pure vintage sounding!
The Trem springs are the superb Raw Vintage ones? ?30 for better action and a better tone trust me these are amazing!
The original case was stolen with the old pick guard/back plate and COA in (I sold the old pickups prior to this). I have bought a 50?s tweed Fender custom shop cases as a replacement cost ?120 second hand and it?s in good condition.
I have emailed Fender to ask them to confirm the guitars authenticity, no for me but for the purposes of the guitar sale. To be fair the guitar and the pictures speak for them selves? it?s the genuine article.
It?s the best sounding guitar I?ve owned. It?s actually the best strat I?ve had by a country mile. It feels sounds and looks vintage, everyone always comments on it when I gig it (which was everytime I played live!!). It was my main guitar but I?ve quit my band and need to pay for some building work on my house so I have to sell! I?m gutted.
It?s a relic so loads of checking and knocks, some knocks are new as in what I?ve done but it makes no difference! It looks amazing
No fret ware to really speak of, set up well (for me!)and rings for days, it?s a very resonant guitar.
There you go, the changes are upgrades, but I know some people won?t see it that way (which is very silly guitars are meant to play and sound the best they can, hence my changes) so I?ve priced the guitar with this in mind!!!
It?s a very silly price for a guitar of this quality!!

http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp239/blackbird1979/Fender%201965%20Custom%20Shop%20Strat/

?1150 :eek:

will take a cheaper strat, gibson les paul studio, tokai les paul etc in part ex

1965 is my favorite neck profile on a strat. Speaking to the custom shop, I have one and it's my number one go to guitar - right out of the box. Kind of surprised to hear of your mod's to it - but to each his own. Good luck on the sale.

Latest posts

Back