• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Orville by Gibson LP 59 reissue (EU)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pylyo

Reaction score
So, what we have here is a real classic. Orville by Gibson 59 reissue Les Paul. Long tenon, nitro finish, Gibson hardware and Gibson 57 Classic PUs, top woods... She is all original. More close to the real deal than the Gibson reissues are, many say. Plays like a dream and what is most amazing, sustains forever. Build quality is just top notch. There are no dings or scratches but it has light worn traces on finish, which make it look even hotter. You can see them on the finish but with your eyes closed you can't feel them, they are so thin. More or less MINT condition.
Original Orvile by Gibson hard case included!!!

Price: Best offer!

Here are some pics but I am not good at taking them, so you can just imagine how great she looks in person.

I'm interested in some trades too. Looking for some Parker Flys, Niteflys, telecasters or good 7 string guitars... Also Diezel amps, Axe Fx.

USrWTl.jpg

fNpGHl.jpg

VZiJ9l.jpg

ADoa8l.jpg

DhPHul.jpg

vx6uSl.jpg

PN9cNl.jpg

FKRXAl.jpg

IQvVxl.jpg

RQLaEl.jpg

wbOcHl.jpg

sNxQ0l.jpg

I am thinking of buying it just to get that case :lol: :lol: :lol:
Harder to find than a real burst...

I know, I know... 8)
Well, I am thinking of keeping the case haha..

I love the top on that baby!!! :eek: It is probadly veneer ,but i gotta ask ! Do you know if it might be a solid top... :D

That case looks like my old OBG case ,i sold it with my OBG lps-57c last december ..the buyer got it for a song :roll:

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE!

MOJO HOBO

Ladys and gents, I just opened it for you and it is a real flame top. Pics in a few minutes... Which means price is going up. Sorry and tnx to all of you who PMed me to check it. I was too lazy to do that because I love the sound so never intended to change PUs, so she was never opened. But I assumed it could be a real flame, since it has subtle flame and not that usual veneer look...

pics

1Vzpnl.jpg

ctzvcl.jpg

oLpCRl.jpg

Looks beautiful. Fret-edge binding i assume (can't see it on the pics)? What year?

Good luck with the sale!

Nice guitar, looks like a Terada but with the best top I have seen for an ObG.
Are you in the US?

This is another nice example that I am not able to see if there's a veneer over the maple or not... :oops:
Anyway that sale went to a nice direction Pylyo :wink: and I guess I can forget the case now :wink:

Check the flame on this one (1st and 3rd picture), going all the way down thru the maple in the cavity. This is one of the best examples I've seen to be honest. I think camera flash made it even more outstanding. And the seam is allined 100% too.
As goes for the hardcase, I'm sorry I can't part it from this guitar. But thanks anyway, for the interest.

There's no doubt that you are right and it is no veneer but what I want to say is that I have not the talent to see it even if you show me different guitars in reality - they all look the same for me.That's what I meant to say - my eyes are to weak perhaps.The advantage is that my Greco 1200 definetely with a veneer looks like a solid flamed maple to me :lol: so it is for me a 1800.But again - absolutely no doubts that yours is not veneered.And regarding the case I totally agree with you - don't separate case and guitar especially after you know that it is a very rare solid top that deserves the hardcase ! Good luck with the sale !

pylyo said:
Check the flame on this one (1st and 3rd picture), going all the way down thru the maple in the cavity. This is one of the best examples I've seen to be honest. I think camera flash made it even more outstanding. And the seam is allined 100% too.
As goes for the hardcase, I'm sorry I can't part it from this guitar. But thanks anyway, for the interest.

Yup... one of the best examples of a solid flametop I've seen. Should be used as an example for future reference when the solid vs veneer debate arises again.

Those are nice Mark, but personally not my faves! I like the more subtle ones the best. However, this one may not look so tame if it was in the sun.

Latest posts

Back