• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1980 Tokai LS-80 Reborn Old with Dry Zs - NO LONGER FS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Reaction score
Comes with non-original hard case and Greco Dry Z pickups installed. Weighs a nice 9 lbs. even.
$2200 USD via Paypal gift or USPS money order. Includes shipping to contiguous USA address. Outside USA ask for a quote.

IMG_5384.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/krfrieh/1980TokaiRebornOldLS80#[/url]

ahhh grasshopper I see your letting go one of the gems
an especially nice one

The phantom is stricken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he cannot strike unfortunately
and its hard not to
especially since I know this is an A 1 guitar
and a very reputable seller
with Dry Z's to boot
whoever gets this wont be disappointed
however the Phantom must refrain
due to the FOUR strikes made in 1 week alone
merry christmas phantom lol

Too bad Phantster, what did this week of strikes entail?

And.....exactly how good are these "Dry Z's" I keep hearing about? Are they 'better' than Duncan Antiques etc.? Anyone ever taken one apart to find out why? The Spike needs to know.

The Phantom will be posting pics very soon. Waiting on 2 more to get here.
I can't comment on the Dy Z's. I've never had the opportunity to. However I am quite familiar with many different pickups and was also wondering how they would stand up. Perhaps Freebird can shed some light

Phantom

Dry-Zs are smokin' pickups. They have incredible balance, no harsh tones, and they are really tight without sounding overly compressed. They are also incredibly distinct. A lot of pickups sound similar to each other but the Zs are pretty memorable.

This guitar looks amazing, too bad it's a little more than I would be interested in spending. I have a friend who is looking for a nice LS-80 or LS-100, still think this is a bit over what he wants to spend but I'll check...

Heres just one

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Maxon-DRY-Z-PAF-Humbucker-Pickup-Greco-Tokia-7-2-Ohm-Tone-Monster-MIJ-/270889890597?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f124bb325

Latest posts

Back