• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

UK FOLKS, HELP ME BUY THIS FENDER!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p11n1pp1

Reaction score
Alright, so here is the guitar in question: a vintage Fender Coronado body on sale on Gumtree, Bristol. I desperately want to buy it, but the seller won't answer my replys :(

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/1966-fender-coronado-body/76696561

So here's what I'd like to do: someone in the UK buys the Coronado body and then sells and ships it to me in Finland. I'd be willing to pay a fair price for anyone who's willing to help me out.

PM me or send me email ([email protected]) and we'll work something out!

-cheers
Simo

PS. I'm not sure if this thread is in the right category...?

marcusnieman said:
Why would you want to buy something from anyone who doesn't reply to your questions?

Is this a case where the seller simply blanks the guy because he's in another country?

You know, like most US sellers on ebay! :wink:

I don't think he ignores me for any other reason than my location...

marcusnieman said:
Why would you want to buy something from anyone who doesn't reply to your questions?

Hi, I sent him a message - I will let you know if he answers.

I would personally be cautious with a seller who does does get in touch.

Thanks! We shall see how it goes :)

looktoyourorb said:
Hi, I sent him a message - I will let you know if he answers.

I would personally be cautious with a seller who does does get in touch.

I had a similar experience with Gumtree, with a seller who lived only a few miles from me. What was particularly annoying was that the ad continued to appear for some weeks after my multiple emails, all unanswered. I wonder how quickly the ads are removed once a sale has been made?

Del said:
I had a similar experience with Gumtree, with a seller who lived only a few miles from me. What was particularly annoying was that the ad continued to appear for some weeks after my multiple emails, all unanswered. I wonder how quickly the ads are removed once a sale has been made?

The poster of the ad has to actually remove it themselves, or it will appear in a Google search for months.
On Gumtree it will of course drop right down the list, so you wouldn't probably end up seeing it on there after a while (unless you always look through all the listings).

It is annoying when, after sending a few emails you get the full Gen Y treatment from some dip **** along the lines of:

"lol ur 2 late maaaaaate!!!!! LOLOLOLOL stop msging me"

Once I get this sort of stuff, well, you can guess what is usually sent back.

Ok - Got a reply and he's a bit of a chancer:

"Hiya, what's your offer? I've got a couple of other cash and trade offers on the table.

Cheers,
James"

So he can reply pretty fast when he wants.

looktoyourorb said:
Ok - Got a reply and he's a bit of a chancer:

"Hiya, what's your offer? I've got a couple of other cash and trade offers on the table.

Cheers,
James"

So he can reply pretty fast when he wants.

I wonder if he counts my cash offer of ?400 too :D

I've sent him something like 6 replys, and even asked him to reply me if he doesn't want to sell it to me... I guess that's too much to ask then. Looktoyourorb, I'll PM you, we'll see how it works out.

Latest posts

Back