• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: Tokai ES 135 cherry red

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJBennett

Reaction score
I actually listed this last year and never logged on so apologies to people who never got a reply, i ended up keeping it in the end.

Sadly i have to sell my Tokai ES135 due to moving to a smaller place. It's a replica of the Gibson ES335 (in cherry red with block inlays just like Eric Clapton's from Cream and the rest of his career) and is in very good condition. There are a couple of dings as you'd normally get with use but nothing major at all.

It has been professionally set up by a well known, local luthier and plays fantastic with a nice D shaped neck. The front pick up occasionally crackles, it is just some loose solder in the F hole that needs attending too, nothing serious, i just haven't ever got around to it. It also has an aftermarket bridge on it that allows for more travel on the intonation knobs as the luthier couldn't get it right all across the fretboard. I opted for this option as it plays perfect everywhere.

I also put on the black Gibson 335 styled knobs for the pots and a different switch that was darker to make it look more like a 335. The top cover for the truss rod was also swapped to a bell shaped one rather than the bullet one that came on it - basically an almost total copy of Claptons 335 now!

Im looking for ?850 but offers of a reasonable amount will be considered. This is a quality guitar and as such the price represents that. They are over a grand new.

If i get interest i'll get a picture set up, as it takes ages on my connection to upload anything. Also, if you want to arrange to see her/play for a bit i live near Etwall, Derby and use a fender blues junior (just incase you wanted to test with your own amp etc.) If you do want a play, i can also pop some new strings on it to test with as it hasn't been played in ages due to lack of time.

Also, the inside label reads

Style UES-130 SR
Number- 0713013

Ok, so i'm seeing quite a view views so i thought best to pop some pictures up to whet peoples appetites.

First is with flash, second is without.

14b2d04.jpg

dsc0030nh.jpg

Dropping the price to ?800 but im also taking offers into account as i will have no room for this soon :(

Replied. That seriously wasn't showing on the "new messages" bit either but was in the inbox instead :-?

It's currently on eBay on a one day auction with no reserve if anyone is intereted. Poster above never replied to my reply...

Latest posts

Back