• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F.S. Greco EG600 "Peter Frampton"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob S

Reaction score
I am in need of a very quick sale on this guitar, so that I can complete a transaction on something else that has unexpectedly become available. So I have priced this accordingly in the hopes that somebody will grab themselves a bargain. OK. This is a 1978 Greco EG600 (As far as I can tell) "Peter Frampton" Model. The reason that I am not 100% on the model number is that this guitar has Cream Pickups, whereas most often you'll see Black set in Cream Surrounds. Right so having cleared that up, The guitar is a real beauty to play. I had the Frets re crowned and a New Nut installed by Barry Palmer (Used to be the Tech at Machinehead in Hitchin). When I collected the guitar following this work I was stunned by the action which had been achieved. It is certainly the lowest Rattle and Buzz free action that I have ever met on any LP style guitar. It was so low, that I have actually had to raise it to be able to play the guitar comfortably! The sounds from the trio of pickups offer one all the usual LP sounds, but with a nice, usable twist. When the selector switch is in the centre position, you have Middle and Bridge pickups on together, but out of phase, so one can extract quite a Strat like quack. Overall, the guitar is actually in very good condition when you consider its age. There is very little Buckle Rash on the back and the only thing that is immediately apparent is on the front of the body. There is a crack in the Finish (This is Finish ONLY and not the Timber) that runs from just in front of the selector switch, to just past the Bridge. This is "just" visible in the picture of the Body. The Finish is very stable and the crack has not increased in size during the 16 months that I have had this guitar. Some people whom have played this guitar have failed to even notice this crack, but I always mention anything of this nature, so that everything is above board. This model is chambered, as was the G*bson Signature Model. It weighs in at approximately 7.75 lbs, which means that whilst it is a very lively guitar, it is no Back Breaker. The guitar came to me with a Greco Gigbag. I can probably sort a case of some sort, but would really prefer either collection in person, or could meet you within a 50 mile radius of Peterborough for the cost of the fuel.
So as I need to move very quickly, ?380. IF shipping is required, there would be that cost to be added, but I am afraid that I will only consider this for UK sales.
GrecoPeterFrampton005.jpg

Vee007.jpg

Hope she finds a good home somewhere.
Cheers
Rob

I think 380 is a good price for an solid-playing LP, and this is no exception, judging by the seller's description.

Could you put up a detailed photo of the crack please?

Well I thought it was sold. :oops:
Agreed a BIN and ?20 on top to cover me delivering this afternoon with an ebayer, drove from here to Leicester, you've guessed it, no one home :roll:
Waited parked outside for an hour, gave up, came home.

Great eh?

The internet could also have been called Dreamerworld !!!!!!
Hard lines though,just another timewaster!!!

last.train.home said:
:oops:

It was me, I took my dog for a walk and missed him DOH.
I have apologised though

Must have been a hell of a long walk if he waited an hour for you. :lol:

Suggestion - ask for a mobile phone for Xmas. :wink:

Mike

We have exchanged phone numbers now and are trying again.

It does have to be said, Poor Old L.T.H. must have wondered what happened to him this am when he first rang me. My wife answers my mobilr, brings it to me and the battery dies! Then my Mouse died so I had a hell of a game finding his phone number....... Oh it just gets better.

See you as arranged Mate. Looking forward to finally meeting you! 8)

Phew well I have the guitar now, and its a beauty.

we both played some bonamassa and I learnt a great deal.

If anyone lives Leicester way pop in and try it !!!! pm if you want to come round.

Great! Glad to see it all worked out. Enjoy the new axe, sure is a beauty.

Also, I don't know how you feel about modifications, but if I had a 3pup LP I would think about getting a 6-position toggle switch for some crazy pickup combinations/coil-taps/phases.

Back