Bacchus CLASSIC series?

Discussion area for Bacchus/Momose/Deviser guitars.
Hassouni
I only know 3 chords

Post by Hassouni » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:39 pm

marcusnieman wrote:
Hassouni wrote:did you get your Tokai used? Because new, isn't the Bacchus cheaper?
No...bought the Tokai brand new from Japan a couple years ago - about $1300 delivered

The Bacchus was about $1900 delivered. The plaintop is a bit less expensive.
Ah, yeah, the yen has got really strong in the last year or so. Damn.

marcusnieman
Guitar God

Post by marcusnieman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Hassouni wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:
Hassouni wrote:did you get your Tokai used? Because new, isn't the Bacchus cheaper?
No...bought the Tokai brand new from Japan a couple years ago - about $1300 delivered

The Bacchus was about $1900 delivered. The plaintop is a bit less expensive.
Ah, yeah, the yen has got really strong in the last year or so. Damn.
Sure has.... the current LS150 (160) is going for about $1700 USD on Kurosawa's site. You'll never be able to sell it for that much as well... crappy time to buy from Japan and a crappy time to sell anything with the economy being in the dumps. It's a buyer's market for used gear.... just depends on how badly someone needs to sell something.

GammyBird
Guitar God

Post by GammyBird » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:03 am

marcusnieman wrote:...
Then I went a step further and installed the Faber locking alum tailpiece/studs and the ABR bridge with brass saddles/locking posts and it took a good thing and enhanced it even further. I put the Faber stuff on all of my Les Pauls because it really does make a difference.
Hey Marcus. Where did you get your parts from. I'm considering doing some upgrades with my Bacchus. I'm really curious as to how much of a difference it will make to it.

marcusnieman
Guitar God

Post by marcusnieman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:20 am

GammyBird wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:...
Then I went a step further and installed the Faber locking alum tailpiece/studs and the ABR bridge with brass saddles/locking posts and it took a good thing and enhanced it even further. I put the Faber stuff on all of my Les Pauls because it really does make a difference.
Hey Marcus. Where did you get your parts from. I'm considering doing some upgrades with my Bacchus. I'm really curious as to how much of a difference it will make to it.
Makes a big difference. Over in Europe, you'll get your Faber gear from:

http://www.tokaiguitar.de/produkte.php?kategorie=2-2

GammyBird
Guitar God

Post by GammyBird » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:57 am

le juge
Guitar God

Post by le juge » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:21 am

Here is my Bacchus Classic Series BLP '54 (it's a custom order with a thicker neck than the current BLP).

wulfman
Guitar God

Post by wulfman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:41 am

Wow, I have been waiting for a 54 to come out in that series. If it was a custom order, did you order it yourself? I may have to see about getting a goldie 54 if that is possible. Yours is amazing, nice choice!

le juge
Guitar God

Post by le juge » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:56 am

In this order, there were 3 BLP '54, one black, one goldtop and mine.
I order it by the european importer.

Here is the '54 of another owner.

I have two Bacchus duke before this one (and many older Bacchus) and the quality is as good as a Duke.

wulfman
Guitar God

Post by wulfman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:02 am

Thanks for the information, that is interesting. I expected Bacchus to put some 54's out here since they are putting out the SG specials and LPs with mini-humbuckers but nothing yet.

I sent an email off to SOAR to see if they could order one for me so I will see how it works out.

I have a couple of Classic LPs here which are among the best guitars I have ever had. I'd love to get the 54 though in gold, that would be nice.

le juge
Guitar God

Post by le juge » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:18 am

Your guitars are very very beautiful (the first one is... I can't find any word in my poor english to describe it) ! :o

I like the mini-HB model too (in black !). And now I know the quality of this classic series, probably want to get the mini-HB model. :D

I think Deviser could make another run of '54 because some '54 would be ordered by frenchies in the next european importer order.

Izzy Stradlin
Sus4add11

Post by Izzy Stradlin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Juge, stop posting the pics of your new '54 LP on all the guitar forums, I'm getting mad and jealous !

le juge
Guitar God

Post by le juge » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Izzy Stradlin wrote:Juge, stop posting the pics of your new '54 LP on all the guitar forums, I'm getting mad and jealous !
Maybe you could get one on the next run ! :D

Knight Templar
Plucker

Post by Knight Templar » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:15 am

Hi Guys,

The other day I saw and tried a beautiful Bacchus BLP Classic....violin burst I recall.
That was the BEST Les Paul I have played in my entire life.
Question: The inlays seems like acrylic which is fine for me, but I wonder if the Bacchus logo on the headstock was acrylic as well?

Thanx!

marcusnieman
Guitar God

Post by marcusnieman » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:35 am

Knight Templar wrote:Question: The inlays seems like acrylic which is fine for me, but I wonder if the Bacchus logo on the headstock was acrylic as well?

Thanx!
Hmmm.. dunno. Mine looks like it could be MOP - lots of blues, reds, etc in it. But these days with synthetics, it's hard to tell. Doesn't affect the tone though ( :wink: )

Knight Templar
Plucker

Post by Knight Templar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:42 am

marcusnieman wrote:
Knight Templar wrote:Question: The inlays seems like acrylic which is fine for me, but I wonder if the Bacchus logo on the headstock was acrylic as well?

Thanx!
Hmmm.. dunno. Mine looks like it could be MOP - lots of blues, reds, etc in it. But these days with synthetics, it's hard to tell. Doesn't affect the tone though ( :wink: )
Yep, tone is the deal. I was just curious about the material used for the logo.