Love Rock "Custom Shop"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?d like to say there is not any Tokai Custom Shop as we know by Custom Shop, Tokai is a mass production factory.I was wrong in my perception when I though that.What I meant was Tokai factory was not so big as another brands you and me are thinking of and they really take a lot of care about their products and some women assambled electronics in a traditional way as I withnessed when toured the factory. Thay do what they do and really well,that?s the reason of their sucess.

It's a STUNNER
Ask for Togps advise on this one before you part with any money!!
He will be able to tell you what it is

I LOVE that top, gorgeous.............. If I only had the $$$$$$$'s

hawkeye2u said:
It's a STUNNER
Ask for Togps advise on this one before you part with any money!!
He will be able to tell you what it is

I LOVE that top, gorgeous.............. If I only had the $$$$$$$'s

I would also like to know what Gottfried thinks this is.

This guitar could be one of those 180 models ? See MIJ pots,not CTS so not a 320. Also check wiring with PCB cables....not Seth Lovers I guess...Also not orginqal TRC.
No serial number makes this thing very odd.

Obiously not a 1980 but modern 200s stuff just see 1 ring turners.....

It is a seriousely nice guitar, solid top. This is the 2nd high quality MIJ Tokai I have seen without seriel #'s. I have the other. Mine was employee built for a collector or himself, all behind the scene,.. as the story goes, hence no seriel #. Also mine has same tuners & fret markers. This must be a similar story of in-house build for private collection from employee or something of the sort. I bet Tokai does not allow any guitars that are not going out for sell to have seriel # I believe it worth the asking price. With base line Historics @ 3300.00 this is a good deal.I have a 58 Historic 5 149 & would swap for that guitar.

I agree...very nice..
That top is every bit as good as the Boneyard Joe Perry Models.

Here is a SWEET flametop from a LS-165. I found it while surfing around Japanese shops. Sold though, or I'd have bought it already :wink:

ls165vf0705_1_02.jpg

Jason

Really nice guitar Willie and very reliable seller too.

It seems the guitar got Indian rosewood fretboard because the grain. Can anyone confirm this?.If so then not a 320,maybe a 230?? or any special shop order in LS-150-230 range....Just figure...

Interesting the story about why not serial number.....

Actually this babe looks VERY similar to the LS230 pictured below, which I got from Gottfried recently.
Absolutely stunning guitar. The price is 100% OK, I am really tempted.

IMG_1871.jpg

Frets are similar to LS-320s however,different to LS-150 to me.
Could the body be african mahogany because the grain?Not really sure.....
If so, again it points the guitar to a 150-230 range....

Also... Gotoh pickups are like '02 LS-70VF MKII ones so pre 2005 which got the Keiyo ones.They are not Goto or GOTOH '57 old ones but more modern 2000s....I guess 2003 made appointed somewhere could be OK.

Very nice guitar your 230 rfgrand!

just did some calcs:

the landed price in Europe (incl. shipment, customs and VAT) would be literally the same as I paid.

I am fairly sure now that this is from the same batch. Altough mine has a '07 serial.

According to Gottfried this was a very limited production run with 5A tops (actually above the LS320 spec, which is 4A).

Cheers. Rupert

its not a 320 no seths or braz board...however it is a very very nice guitar....

rupert ,,,

..320's have tops varying from 4a to 6a depending on how lucky you are ...you should have seen the one i sold a while ago ...that was a 7A..lol...top grading is a subjective thing.....

Hi Mark!

Well, you know Gottfried is a good sales-man..... :D

Actually, I never completely understood this nA rating stuff. Just know the higher the better. I just read in the current catalogue that LS320/380s have 4A.

I'd personally rate the 4A on my 320s equal to the 5A. 8)

Cheers! Rupert

hello all...brand new to the forum...just struck a deal for this guitar...should receive next week.Any way to positively identify what model this is??......Bob

Latest posts

Back