Another Tokai neck "made in China"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

They just keep on coming, don't they? :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290142392932&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

Is this another Rockwood neck?

Here are comparison photos of my wifes Richwood under the photos lifted from the neck auction:

4ff6_1.jpg

rich1.jpg

5823_1.jpg

rich2.jpg

633b_1.jpg

rich3.jpg

6c73_1.jpg

rich4.jpg

775c_1.jpg

rich5.jpg

80a5_1.jpg

rich6.jpg

Identical. Even the colour is the same, although it's bleached out a little in a couple of my photos. In the flesh, it is exactly the same amber colour.

Excellent. So I can now spot these fakes, due entirely to all the helpful people on this forum. Thanks for potentially saving me a lot of money. :D

It is possible that this could be a Tokai neck though. I met the guy who had the Tokai contract for production here in Korea and he also makes/made Burny and Dillion in the same factory. To look at some of the guitars in his shop, you'd never be able to tell the difference between brands if the headstocks didn't have the decal on them.

So, if Richwoods are made in China, it's very possible that they're made in the same factory as Tokai China. Just a thought...

Jason

He's selling it as a Tokai neck though, which it clearly isn't. Richwood guitars sell for about ?100, even the MIC Tokai strats sell for over double that. I don't believe they use the same necks on both brands ;)

Well I've reported it to eBay. We can now watch them prove their uselessness by doing nothing about it. :evil:

I've had a reply from the seller:

"Thanks for your observations. They are however incorrect. The guitar it comes from is not branded anything at all and certainly is nothing to do with Richwood. You can tell this because there is no branding on the headstock, body or any part of the guitar from which it came from. Neither was there ever any. The guitars are not branded. They are made in China in a factory owned by Tokai of 18 months or more prior. It is NOT a Tokai neck but as described made in one of their factories. That is it's relationship with Tokai and that is all. The point is that it is a good quality Chinese neck. As you can see I have described the guitar as made in China with the made in China sticker on the back of the headstock visable for all to see. Thank you stratman323 and I hope that crystalises your query about what you did not know and thanks for looking."

So we're wrong and he's right. :roll: Would anyone like to reply to him?

Ok lets clear this up

Richwood is a brand name

The guitars are made in the same factory that Staggs come from. They are made in Indonesia and China.

They are not Tokai necks
They are not made in the same factory as Tokai necks
They are not the same dimensions as Tokai necks

Why do people use the Richwood brand ?

Because of the Vintage YELLOW clear coat . It gives it that false vintage expensive look.

I was selling these on ebay around three years ago. The had no name on the headstock. I bought them from Yipo in China at $9 USA each.

They are *****, they are made from sub standard poorly kiln dried wood. They need fret dressing.

But best of all, if the Yellow clear coat comes of the only thing that will match it is TESCO Yellow food dye ( its a perfect match ).

There are more fakes on ebay using this as a donor guitar then anywhere else on the planet. On ebay seller is very devious. He pretends he makes them and sells it has a custom brand for ?400 and they sell !

On a BIN you cannot warn the buyer.

HE changes his ebay name every few months so people cannot be warned by the negs he gets.

Yeah but that "joke" from Bernard Manning was used to justify his extreme racist views, so he's probably not the best person to quote. I doubt if Manning had much good to say about the Japanese. :evil:

Probably not the best example to use, but in this context it is refering to the fact that just because a neck come from 'Tokai' factory, does it make it a Tokai neck ?
No offence meant :oops:

Fair enough, sorry if I snapped, but the info from BillyWizz suggests that the necks don't come from the same factory as Tokais, so he's misrepresenting the item. Personally, I'd choose to believe BillyWizz rather than the seller.

I agree to. This whole 'made in the same factory' thing is a bit of a grey area.
With out any real evidence you can't prove them wrong, even though you know they're bullsh*tting!!

honeyboy said:
BaggyPants said:
He's selling it as a Tokai neck though, which it clearly isn't.
Let's pretend that the seller sues you for defamation of character. How would you defend your statement in court?

I wouldn't have to. Under british law, he has to prove I'm guilty. He has to show evidence that his statements are true. I doubt he can ;)

honeyboy said:
Some might argue that the truth is called hate by those that hate the truth. :wink:

Maybe I'm being thick, but I didn't understand that.

Latest posts

Back