I could be wronh here, but is this a Tokai ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyWizz

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1959-Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-hand-built-repro_W0QQitemZ250140422718QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33040QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So what does that mean? Is it a Tokai? It looks like a very good Gibson copy to me, & it's going to cost someone a lot of money!

Mike

Possibly Tokai/Edwards/Greco or even Burny.
As the guy states in his description of the guitar...he wanted to create an accurate replica so I'm guessing any body would have done.
It's going to be the same old story...buy the guitar...pull the pickups and see what's written in the cavities.

Hi Oldflame!

As you know who made it: is it worth the price the seller is asking for?

I am actually looking for a TVJ from Tokai since quite some time. The good ones are really difficult to get, and I even consider buying a Gibson.

Cheers. Rupert
:eek:

It looks great to me. You don't get that much detail on a serial number and compromise the rest of the guitar. I wasn't sure if the pickups were original 50's. His description doesn't make it clear. Try and find out how much of the guitar is original 50's/60's parts and drop me a PM if you like.

oldflame said:
I wasn't sure if the pickups were original 50's. His description doesn't make it clear.
He says in the description that they were "Hand wound to HIS specs" so no...they aren't original '50's pickups.

For the record...I think they did a great job on the guitar.
The only worry is the Gibson headstock laminate and that it will sooner or later be passed off as the real deal via Ebay or the like.
:evil:

Handwound to 59 spec not his :wink: ,He also said not made like a aged Fender :eek:
Me i think its too well a :evil: of a lot of money for what it is,but this is from a guy whos just bought a Variax and line6 pod xt live and I LOVE IT

rarafend are you talking to him about it, as in one of the photos i see a German dictionary :p :p :p

Alternativly, get the real thing for the same money

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1959-Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-D-C-with-case-and-P90s_W0QQitemZ220128210062QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33040QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Back