1977 Burny FLG-120

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey pegcityrocker,i found this listing for your flg on digimart it sold for 110'000 yen {$910.00 US}

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180089271428&rd=1&rd=1

yeah i don't mind the shipping but that frigging duty is just too much. :eek:
How come the shipping from japan cost so much?? I have recently bought a couple of guitars from japan and shipping was a lot cheaper than that.
I think a trip to japan is on the cards for me in the near future. :D

Pegcityrocker said:
Yes, I got it from Guitar Shelter in Japan. It was a real steal of a deal (accept for the $140 in shipping plus $200 in duty).

Wooooooo, that is some mighty high priced shipping; I get 2 shipped at a time for the same rate from Yasu........................

Yes I did work with Yasushi, great guy to work with.

Looking back at my invoice the shipping was 14,000 YEN not USD.

The case has a very odd orange interior that clashes nicely with the color of the burst. It almost hurts the eyes. :wink:

Pegcityrocker said:
Yes, I got it from Guitar Shelter in Japan. It was a real steal of a deal (accept for the $140 in shipping plus $200 in duty).

Was that $200 duty or was it 6% duty plus GST plus PST ? Sounds like the three should come up close to $200. Even with the Free Trade for a US made axe, you'd still be paying around $140. The two levels of government still get that no matter what.

costs me about $100-120. to ship guitars to Canada from Japan at or around the current rate.

Look like u just paid 14% tax(gst+pst), no duties. coz the bidding price was C $1150 and the taxes should come up to C $161.
U said, u paid $200. If adding 8% custom duties, it goes up to $253.

U should have asked ur seller, if he is great, to show the value of the guitar less, like $200-250, so u could have atleast saved some money on the stupid taxes here.
________
ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES

Looks like this is back up for sale if anyone was interested and missed in the first time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Burny-Les-Paul-FLG-120-Aged-Reissue_W0QQitemZ120101406109QQcategoryZ38086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is a FLG-120 for sure (it's from Yasushi and he knows his guitars). The FLG-90 has L-102 pups and this guitar has L-104's.

The top is arched.

Pegcityrocker said:
It is a FLG-120 for sure (it's from Yasushi and he knows his guitars). The FLG-90 has L-102 pups and this guitar has L-104's.

The top is arched.

Are those pickups (L-104?s) as good as the VH-1?s??
Thanks =)

ehehe, sorry to bother again, but, do you think it gets close to the real deal? this is an ?59 reissue right?
Thanks

Emil

Latest posts

Back