Love rock LS Purot, ..anyone hear of these before?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a few of them at eBay.

What makes you think that 3-piece back is so bad that it would only be used with cheap guitars? :eek:

joukov said:
What makes you think that 3-piece back is so bad that it would only be used with cheap guitars? :eek:

When buying wood, isnt it less expensive to use three blocks of wood from narrow planks as opposed to using one larger/wider one ??? ..something to do with the optimum way of sawing up a tree to produce the largest amount of usable wood.

Is there not also an argument that tone and sustain is better if youve got one block as opposed to three? I thought thats part of the reason they have one piece backs on more expensive higher spec models?

Maybe the reasons were to match a original model's back, to make it historically correct? Or just to lower the price? Who knows?

Still we need to get back to Purot models (2003, 2004). Only seen Hisashi selling them from Nagoya and Shizuoka, Japan.
:eek:

Its an absolutely beautiful looking top, wonder what she plays like?,

Do let us know Greg if you decide to make a purchase

my wallet would spontaenously burst into flames if it even, thought i was going to click the BID button.

Have there been any other non catalogue models released in the past?

I'll certainly let you guys know if I pull la trigger. It's a nice top, even has cork-sniffer caps...so I'm let to believe it's the real thing.

In my opinion the models on ebay being sold by Hisashi are nothing but prototypes. I bet Purot is some sort of a language barrier word. I'd save your money and go for a LS200 or LS150 rather than those models. Besides if something is wrong with the guitar when you get it Hishashi can be hard ot deal with.

If you google PUROT you get a few hits on what looks like french websites. Put the word purot into babelfish and ask for a french to english translation :

liquid manure pit

is this a sign?!!! :lol:

any french speakers on the board ?

I bought a Love Rock from Hisashi that he described as being a "Prototype" with a nitro finish. After researching for a while I figured out it was a LS80 in the Matt Violin Finish. It may possibly be laquer but it isn't Nitro Laquer. I totally love the guitar so I never returned it but I don't think Hisashi really knows what he's talking about when it comes to models of guitars.
He also is listing a Burny as a RGF80; I'm not a Burny expert but I don't think such a model even exists. It looks like one of those new Chinese made Burnys that he has put on old Burny truss rod cover on and called it Japanese. If you look closely you can see that the bottom screw is missing from the cover which leads me to believe the guitar was made for a three screw truss rod cover. Bottom line; I wouldn't trust his knowledge of models or his honesty. :-?

Pegcityrocker said:
I bought a Love Rock from Hisashi that he described as being a "Prototype" with a nitro finish. After researching for a while I figured out it was a LS80 in the Matt Violin Finish.

I remember me on this Ebay auction and I'm sorry, I've to agree. :(

Pegcityrocker said:
He also is listing a Burny as a RGF80; I'm not a Burny expert but I don't think such a model even exists.

I sent him a message 2 days ago asking the differences between the RGF and the RLG Burnys as I hadnt heard of the RGF either. No response

Here was the response received from him on Saturday

HI,The generations when it was made are different.Thanks

Really gives you confidence to buy from him.... he added a note to the end of the Burny listing updating the model to RLG 80.

In short you guys are right, he hasnt a clue about what he is selling

...or he does have a clue and is BSing. No shortage of that in this country believe me.

sneakyjapan said:
...or he does have a clue and is BSing. No shortage of that in this country believe me.

That's a shame...for the most part I've really been impressed in dealing with Japanese sellers/shops, both online and in Tokyo (on a visit a couple summers ago).

I noticed a Tokai 335 this guy sold...in his auction he stated "made in Korea or Japan". I suspect he probably knew it was MIK...but the buyer still seemed to get a darn good deal.

On that point, he's not the only one. Many of these MIJ guitars ebay sellers often 'forget" to point out that an Orville is made in Korea. :-?

We must be very carefull now when bying MIJ, as far as the barrel is going down very fast lately..... Now Grecos EG-500 seem to be fantastics! :evil:

after almost 13 years in Japan I`ve come to the conclusion that folks here are no different from anywhere else...ya got your good folks and your not so good folks. We all seem to have this ideal about Japanese people...they`re all kind, polite, warm, friendly.etc etc.etc. but it hasn`t been my experience. Yes, I`ve met some genuinely fine people but I`ve also met some I hope to never meet again. Just life eh.

Latest posts

Back