Anyone else irritated beyond belief by stuff like this??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you find that auction because if you click the link the section its in is full of question marks

Hopefully people wont be stupid enough to bid on. Those people are destroying ebay

What's the deal with these auctions? I've seen others like this but not sure what the catch is. Are these guitars stolen or what? :-?

There is no guitar. They just take your money and dissapear off ebay I think. They only take western union transfer or somethin like that so you've no refund if anythin goes wrong like with paypal

Another: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7381349481&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR1_PCN_BIX

How did you find that originally tezza. If you click view sellers items they have nothing listed. And they are listed in a mysterious ????? category which if you click on takes you to the list of catergories on ebay

I too am greatly annoyed by all these ads that have recently appeared on ebay! Has ebay just become available in China or something? I've seen the same pictures used 3 times on the same page of listings page by 3 different sellers. Some of these ads seem to get bids as well hopefully no-one actually follows through and gets ripped off.

I did send in a few complaints to ebay listing the obvious fraud ones but you'd spend all day if you tried to report them all.

I hope their cocks all drop off! The thieving scumbags!!!!

If anyone knows a way to exclude listings from China in your ebay searches please let me know to save my sanity!

Yours dementedly :evil:

Simon

Ebay sucks

I have ben trying to sell a mobile phone and three times some theiving little fraudster in Nigeria had "Bought it now" and i clearly state i dont ship abroad, it costs me money and wastes time> there is a serious gap in ebay policy with this lot

Grrrr :x

Agreed, but that's not really the point. When these sellers in China hang out high value, rare guitars at low cost some sucker is going to bite. Like someone else said, people unbelieveably, do bid. Ebay ignoring this is complete negligence and failure to police their system as any other auction house would implement via due diligence.
Blatantly using pictures of genuine seller's guitars after their auctions have finished is just taking the piss. We should start a petition and get other guitar-orientated forums (Les Paul Forum, Fender Forum etc) to chip in and get these clowns shut down.

dontfret! said:
If anyone knows a way to exclude listings from China in your ebay searches please let me know to save my sanity!

Yours dementedly :evil:

Simon

On the search results page, doesn't the sidebar have an option to seperate them out into UK or European Union location sonly? Et voila, goodbye Chinese junk.

I actually love these auctions because they are so **** stupid. Some wee Chinese guy selling jade ornaments, cheap earrings and.. a reissue Gibson 335! Oh yes! I like the supposed antiques the best and the swords, you get these people actually buying a sword for ?10 and then agreeing to pay ?60 shipping. They then wonder when the sword that arrives is of dubious quality.

Be honest with decent people. But let's really try and fleece the stupid(he says with tongue firmly in cheek).

I found an 1981 Strat on ebay - once in the US and seven times in china - same pics, same description. I reported it to ebay and they were pulled within 8 hours.

Thing is I reckon it's the dumber end of the chinese undergroud doing this, because the listing is so obviously ripped off. That and the fact you can't buy vinatge guitars for the equivalent of ?60.

I think best thing is to follow best practice and trust no one (not even yourself scully)

I have ben trying to sell a mobile phone and three times some theiving little fraudster in Nigeria had "Bought it now"

Been there myself on that one - I won't list things like phones for international despatch.

You don't have to sell abroad to get screwed.
I sold a phone on Ebay to a guy in the same town that I live in and still got screwed. He used the Buy it Now button and paid with Paypal. I later contacted him, we met up and I gave him the phone. Two weeks later Paypal withdrew the money from my account because the B*****d had used a stolen credit card . All his details on Ebay and Paypal were false.

Les

I'll never accept Paypal as a payment method again-same thing happed to me with some dipstick from Canada- Fricken Thiefs-

I just received a negitive after 5 years of killer feedback on eBay from some C*cks*ckr that didn't like the Goldstarsound neck I sold him-He contacted Paypal and they ended up giving him back his money and then he gave me a negitive feedback anyway-But I returned the favor that makes 12 NEG Feedbacks for that fool-

Point is my eBay reputation is tainted now because of Dips*hits like him-and Paypal

ochay said:
I'll never accept Paypal as a payment method again-same thing happed to me with some dipstick from Canada- Fricken Thiefs-

I just received a negitive after 5 years of killer feedback on eBay from some C*cks*ckr that didn't like the Goldstarsound neck I sold him-He contacted Paypal and they ended up giving him back his money and then he gave me a negitive feedback anyway-But I returned the favor that makes 12 NEG Feedbacks for that fool-

Point is my eBay reputation is tainted now because of Dips*hits like him-and Paypal

I'm afraid of this. Since I rarely do ebay (my rating is a 39 or 40, cant remember) even one negative could really bring down my rating percentage. Did he at least try to contact you first to work it out? I'm scared of people who are too quick to pull the trigger on a negative... never happened to me yet, but it's bound to happen to everyone eventually.

I think there was a recent change to the UK site that means that non paying bidders who leave negative feedback cannot affect the percentage rating.

I think they've made several changes to protect against the use of feedback as a weapon - but I'm not sure if they've gone far enough.

Is it in Ebay's interest to go further than that? Not really, it doesn't make them any money. With the way the fees, pricing structure, limit on reserve prices and the whole evil that is Paypal is going, I think I'll keep off Ebay as much as possible in the future.

If you collect $ via paypal, you should transfer the funds to your checking account IMMEDIATELY and also transfer the funds from your paypal checking account to a separate account not tied to paypal at all. Paypal offers very little seller protection and can take your $ as they see fit.

Remember, they are NOT a bank, thus they are not goverened by any governmental rules/regulations like a bank is.

Takes 3-4 days to transfer funds and that can often be the shipping time it would take for any ebay item to reach the buyer. You can also give yourself an extra day shipping out.

I LOVE buying with paypal, but won't sell with it, and it's not due to the fees, it's the security of my $.

Anyone selling with paypal should check out www.paypalsucks.com

I only use Paypal for small sales such as knobs and overseas customers. Anythign large is always a cheque nowdays.

brad347 said:
I'm afraid of this. Since I rarely do ebay (my rating is a 39 or 40, cant remember) even one negative could really bring down my rating percentage. Did he at least try to contact you first to work it out? I'm scared of people who are too quick to pull the trigger on a negative... never happened to me yet, but it's bound to happen to everyone eventually.

He did email me I told him (and it was posted in the auction) that I don't give refunds or take returns on used items)
He got Paypal involved and thru them he said he would settle for half off if I agreed and I said no- ended up he took it to a guitar shop and the shop itemized every little ding/scratch/crack...dust what ever .....
and Paypal made me return the money???????

After 1 month I figured that was it-he left me a negative-so I returned the favor 12 negatives for that fool.

Shortly thereafter I offered the same neck on eBay-someone else won it-that same fricken dips*it emailed that winner and the new winner refused to pay me also-

So I finally on the third time sold it and receive great feedback for the neck...
What the HEY??????

Latest posts

Back