1984 LS 100 on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theskywolf

Reaction score
Hi, while looking for a early LS-80, I found this one. Can anyone tell me about it? Do LS-100 have the Tokai PAFs -the registry says no? Is this a custom color?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7306495108&indexURL=3&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Thanks Wolf

theskywolf said:
Can anyone tell me about it? Do LS-100 have the Tokai PAFs -the registry says no? Is this a custom color?
I think in 1984 DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan PAFs were only available in a LS 120 or higher, so it's possible that the Tokai PAFs are stock. The color reminds me of my Tobacco Sunburst LS 120. The maple top beneath the quilted veneer might also be made of three pieces, because you can't tell this from seeing one solid piece of maple in the pickup cavity, only that it's not a two piece top.

Skywolf, that is so beautiful, and the price, at this point, seems very reasonable for an LS100 (or almost any 80's Tokai). Don't know what the shipping to Germany would be, but good luck to you if you decide to bid on it.

its mine,.. i won the auction and have had it for a while now ..superb guitar..
its two piece maple underneath and a one piece laminated top..its a one piece back, as far as I can tell .. and on the neck joint last fret, there is a letter D stamped where the 60, 80, 100 etc was sometimes stamped..

Back