1984 Goldstar in Wembley

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornelius bonobo

Reaction score
Saw an '84 Goldstar at Wembley guitar centre for just under ?500!! It's been seriously monkeyed with. Scratch plate and body routed (badly) to accept a humbucker at the bridge. One tone control removed and volume moved into it's place (leaving a hole where the vol was). Either LPB or Teal finish which appears to have been artificially aged!! Left shop very unhappy about the abuse!

Actually on new stuff they're pretty good. A new SG60 is priced at ?529, and I've not seen them for less than 599 before. It's worth a visit, but they used to have more (new) Tokais than they've got at the moment.
It's worth having a look at that goldstar too. I almost wept. Trouble is you can't barter these people down, because until that guitar has been on the wall for 6 years without any interest, they'll constantly play the rare and desirable card, despite the fact that the guitar has been horribly butchered and now has the desirability of a squier standard. Now at ?250 I might have thought about it!

Latest posts

Back