it's not fare!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmitron

Reaction score
:( Have you all tokai fans ever went on Yahoo Japanese Auction? Just take a look!
http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search?sb=desc&desc=tokai&acc=jp&&f=0x12&at=true&alocale=0jp
There's so many of those lovely guitars but the sellers 'WON'T SHIP INTERNATIONALLY' :evil:
Some clever guys you often see who sells some on ebay (as ULTRABASS)are taking their stuff there!

HELL, I wich I could take a trip there ! :-?

To be honest, i didn't see any deals there on that auction site. :(

If you ever come to japan, bring some $$ with you. You can stop by any guitar shop and find a really good deal. You can get an even better deal if you buy many guitars from them at once (which is why you usually see people like that person mentioned above with several guitars on at one time). In fact, today I might try to go cut a deal on a Burny SG and a Brian(Bacchus) flying V and sell that Agile somewhere. 8)

I think lately, sellers have taken advantage of the Tokai name on the headstock, just like most who sell a gibson.

Dana

You can stop by any guitar shop and find a really good deal.
Aaaaaaaaargh! You wanna make me cry or so? :eek: Got a friend of a friend there... hope one day she might do something...
I think lately, sellers have taken advantage of the Tokai name on the headstock, just like most who sell a gibson.
This is just what's happening everywhere....ain't this a little bit silly? :cry:(so now I'm crying!)

Not to take away from Tokai, but the Orville guitars have been pretty decent lately on ebay.

This increase in price is bad for buyers, but good for the sellers. I can remember but only a year and a half ago, Tokai prices on ebay were very reasonable. Now, ebay is flooded with Tokai guitars and the price has increased. Should be, the more guitars on ebay, the lower the price. Aint so for Tokai's.

And some of these people are passing off the korean versions as the higher prices japanese ones.

Almost worth spending the extra little $$ and buying new.

Dana

If you ever come to japan, bring some $$ with you. You can stop by any guitar shop and find a really good deal. You can get an even better deal if you buy many guitars from them at once (which is why you usually see people like that person mentioned above with several guitars on at one time). In fact, today I might try to go cut a deal on a Burny SG and a Brian(Bacchus) flying V and sell that Agile somewhere.

Well it finally may happen.. :lol: A 'same trip'bud is planning to go to Japan this summer. He'll manage to get guitars...So I need some address if you can please give me some, Dana, I'll transmit it ! :p

Well, i could give you some address's, but they mean virtually nothing unless you are familiar with the exact area.

The best thing to do is just to stop in ANY guitar shop, any that sells used guitars preferably. If your friend is going to tokyo, he shouldnt have any problem stopping by a guitar shop and taking a look around.

Give him a list of guitars you are looking for and even maybe a picture or two, and turn him loose.

Dana

Thanx Dana. Think follow your advices. But still about japan yahoo auctions, here's an intersting link...:
http://www.ffmusic.info/yjtutorial.html

:wink:

my Japaneswe wife downloaded a translator for me... I guess she got tired of doing it . It works reasonably well though sometimes the English is a little... off. But after 10 years here I can generally manage to get the gist. It really hepls to have a native speaker who can send e-mails in the language.

Pete, you really need to figure out how to registrate to the japanese Yahoo.

Maybe the link above shows how to do it. I've already found a couple of axes you have to order for me :D

actually we got through about 90% of the registration but hit a snag when they wanted me to wait 2 weeks for the banking part. Gave up.

hey, you've got nothing to loose....but i have...lots of fine teles...every week :D

oh yeah... I need another freakin guitar. I barely have space to sleep in the apartment as it is. I seem to do OK scanning the net though.

woww!!!!
I can see an excellent opportunity here for someone with the right amount of suss! I personally would pay someone for shopping on there for me.

Back