TOHAI TOKAI !!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkilius

Reaction score
STRANGE.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-in-the-Box-Tokai-Love-Rock-RRP-399-/261209658665

Tokai japan has issued a warning about fakes coming out of China on their website from "Tokai China". I'd bet thats a fake in a "Tokai U.K." box. There is no Tokai U.K.

As far as I'm aware the UK Tokai distributor has done a deal with Tokai japan to allow him to source guitars from China and sell them under the Tokai name. There are a large number of them available over here and they are not bad quality, nowhere near the Japanese ones, but well in Epi territory. The hardware and electronics are cheapo but the body and necks are OK.

As far as I'm aware the UK Tokai distributor has done a deal with Tokai japan to allow him to source guitars from China and sell them under the Tokai name. There are a large number of them available over here and they are not bad quality, nowhere near the Japanese ones, but well in Epi territory. The hardware and electronics are cheapo but the body and necks are OK.

Wow, that's interesting, i didn't know that. Seems like a bad move to allow your company's name on something you have no control over in regards to quality etc.

brokentoes said:
Wow, that's interesting, i didn't know that. Seems like a bad move to allow your company's name on something you have no control over in regards to quality etc.
That's what I thought too.
There are even some ones distributed by the same guy under the Gibbo brand, which I'm lead to believe are the ones that failed QC checks and sell for under ?200 in the UK!

So in the U.K. do you no longer get the actual made in China Tokai's or just the ones this distributor brings in so they don't compete ?? It seems strange that since they are already having guitars made for them in China that they would even need this guy in the U.K. Confusing.

with all the fake stuff about it looks like MIJ in the safest and best way to buy a tokai new or second hand

brokentoes said:
So in the U.K. do you no longer get the actual made in China Tokai's or just the ones this distributor brings in so they don't compete ?? It seems strange that since they are already having guitars made for them in China that they would even need this guy in the U.K. Confusing.
It was just what a local Tokai dealer told me, they only deal in the Jspanese ones. So I'm not sure if it was true, I don't know whether the Chinese ones we get in the UK are "real" Tokais or not.

Latest posts

Back