NOS st-80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dombat

Reaction score
Cheap!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOKAI-ST-80GS-SPRINGY-1980-DEADSTOCK-NOS-with-original-case-and-pricetag-/261184449872?pt=Guitar&hash=item3ccfce6d50

WOW.......THIS iS WHAT YOU CALL CHEAP.....................

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LES-PAULS-PERSONAL-GIBSON-WHITE-CUSTOM-FROM-THE-COVER-OF-HIS-AUTOBIOGRAPHY-/221078874232?pt=Guitar&hash=item337953e878#ht_18430wt_1170

I've been watching it on Yahoo auction and the original seller first listed it at 80000 yen ($850), the auction ended with no bids, then he started playing the "if I list it for more maybe somebody will be stupid enough to buy it" game gradually increasing the opening bid and listing it for 100000, then for 120000 yen.

Needless to say nobody bid on it in all those cases.

Now I hadn't bought it solely because the seller's pics were 240x320 pix. Numerous times I asked him to make hi-res ones but supposedly he didn't have a camera other than a built-in one on his cell phone.

And this flipper who I'm sure bought it from the original seller for 100000 yen is just insane.

Emailed him yesterday and he's 100% sure that if he's got 50 people watching the auction that some naive soul would pay the crazy asking price. Good luck A-hole, they all watching to see you miserably fail.

P.S. It's not NOS in any way, it's not even near mint. It's more in the EXC condition territory.

wulfman said:
Good luck is all I can say!

The seller thinks he doesn't need it. He said my $1200 offer was cheap. Not only he's positive it's NOS but the fact that there are so many people watching the auction one of them surely will succumb to the temptation and buys it for his asking price. Haha.

That seller is full of the brown stuff. :roll: Other than the delusional price, if you look closely, that guitar isn't in NOS condition either. It has several minor nicks and scratches consistent with light use. 1,500 would be pushing it, and with a tiny bit of patience you can get these for USD 1,000.

If he had thought of it, he would probably also have put "ultra-rare and hard to find sunburst". :p

Sure, Europe is a bit more expensive and I also accept that you pay a bit more with a dealer for better assortment, good photos, peace of mind... I bought two in the last year though, one at 800 euros (from a "forum bro" in Europe), the other for 54,000 Yen BIN on YJ, and was offered another one for about 1100 USD locally. All in comparable condition to the one listed, except one was routed for humbuckers. Turns out that's the best of the three though so I don't mind!

Latest posts

Back