Legit?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"vintage zebra Gibson Burstbuckers #1 and #2" ha hahaha ha ha... :lol:

Guitar looks nice, except for the logo and the other stuff that has been changed out. Personally I think it's too much for an LS-120 that's been modified like that. Probably still be a great guitar.

Then again, some people like the idea that the logo was changed, because it is part of the story with these guitars.

Hilarious ad copy! The ******** is absolutely flying!

Let's see, we have the president of Tokai, thieves, where are the Russian spies and submarines?

If it was such a great Tokai guitar, why change the name on the headstock? That ruins any collectable value for me.

If anyone seriously wants to buy an all original LS-120 send me a pm. Mine actually says Tokai on the headstock and has all its original parts.

I wonder if the employees tried to get hold of it three times before being successful and replacing the pickups and tuners, of course on the orders of the president of Tokai who made him return it. Or more likely it was President Obama who ordered the CIA to replace the parts and headstock and place the Kennedy third bullet in the pickup cavity.

Bad enough to torture a vintage LS-120 that way but such a cruel treatment for an unplayed NOS Reborn...can't find words for such moronism :cry:

Best is still this hilarious story...the Tokai president will not be amused about the new decal and burstbuckers... :lol: :lol: :lol:

President of Tokai Gakki said:
Get my guitar in the chopper!

Black-Ops_Welcome-to-the-Jungle_Wii-screenshot_viewer_medium-e1290749610988.jpg

I meant to add that Burstbuckers are generally thought to be pretty good pickups - the #1 and #2 are the current scatter wound Gibson PAF types with different amounts of windings on each coil (somewhat like the originals).

Also, the mods on this guitar are all pretty simple to return to standard, so it's not as bad as I was making out. But that logo... I'm just not down with the mentality of people who do that for whatever reason. If you like the guitar why wouldn't you just be happy with it and leave it alone.

All the Fender cloners who put Fender logos on their partscasters... why? It's not a Fender.

riddick3.jpg

President of Tokai: You remember that favourite game of yours?
Kyra: "Who's the Better Killer"?
President of Tokai: "No! whos the better customiser, let's play."

Stranger things have happened. I think his story has a little bit of hair on it, however. Its a shame the headstock got changed; it certainly lowers its value in my eyes.

Back