Any thoughts on the authenticity of this ES 120?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pictures aren't great but it looks fine to me. Don't forget you are comparing a 2001 ES120 with the current Richtone stock (probably 2010) ES135. For example I think the same guitar is an ES150 now

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=90&category_id=15&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

I take your point about the different models, and I'm the first to admit that my knowledge in these matters is scant.

However it does seem to me that the block inlay on the guitar for sale on gumtree seems to be very "big" compared to the guitars in the other photos. Also the gumtree guitar has inlay on the 1st fret, which I don't think I have seen before. Any further thoughts?

The guitar may well be completely authentic and it's just yet another variation that I need to be aware of when looking at different Tokai models?

Yes, it is interesting that the inlay is on the first fret. I can only assume they were copying the older style 335TD which also had the long pick-guard.

Dave

Back