1997 TOKAI LP STD 59RI FLAME TOP SUPER RARE

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-TOKAI-LP-STD-59RI-FLAME-TOP-SUPER-RARE-MUST-SEE-/180622040322?pt=Guitar&hash=item2a0de99d02

We've talked about this one MLP forum and apparantly it has been for sale in Japan a few weeks ago for 1/3 of this price before someone bought. So this guy must have bought with the intention of making some money. But that's a side note.

What bothers me is the control cavity shape; that's a Dyna Gakki shape. Also the use of Fujicon caps is not Tokai. And last: the tab routing is oval instead of Tokai square.

Nice headstock - but is it Tokai?

RIMG0024.jpg

The inlay looks similar to the one they use on some of the Cat's Eyes acoustics, and which is clearly meant to be suggestive of the old Martin logo, but I'm not convinced that it's identical. Can't find anything to compare it to, unfortunately.

BlueThird said:
The inlay looks similar to the one they use on some of the Cat's Eyes acoustics, and which is clearly meant to be suggestive of the old Martin logo, but I'm not convinced that it's identical. Can't find anything to compare it to, unfortunately.

Was thinking the same thing

dosanko_soul_2009-img550x486-1266051118ejj2o245105.jpg

Some of the inlays are done with a lot of filler...sad for such a custom made masterpiece

Latest posts

Back