Tokai ST-100 Natural!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jacco said:
It's surf green BTW

What IS the difference between Surf Green & Sea Foam Green? (sometimes just called Foam Green , to make life even more confusing).

I can't tell the difference.

GreenFenders.jpg

jacco said:
bluejeannot said:
Wow wouldn`t that look lovely resprayed in sea foam green. :) Gabe

Nah, the grain is not interesting enough (really!)
It's surf green BTW
Saint Pancras? Isn`t it terribly noisy living in a railway station? :wink: Gabe.

bluejeannot said:
jacco said:
bluejeannot said:
Wow wouldn`t that look lovely resprayed in sea foam green. :) Gabe

Nah, the grain is not interesting enough (really!)
It's surf green BTW
Saint Pancras? Isn`t it terribly noisy living in a railway station? :wink: Gabe.

:lol: you're the first to notice!
If I want some peace & quiet the British Library is nearby or I take a stroll in Regent's Park

stratman323 said:
jacco said:
It's surf green BTW

What IS the difference between Surf Green & Sea Foam Green? (sometimes just called Foam Green , to make life even more confusing).

I can't tell the difference.

GreenFenders.jpg

So you can't tell the diff between a Chevy and a Buick? :wink:

Look at that Jazzy, sat there all "OH MY ROSEWOOD IS SOOOO MUCH LIGHTER THAN YOU ROUGH BOYS AND CHECK OUT MY POSH BLOCK INLAYS". Sexy *****.

jacco said:

Probably not - why would I want to? :eek: Let's leave the Americans to design guitars & the Italians to design cars.

8)

AlanN said:
Look at that Jazzy, sat there all "OH MY ROSEWOOD IS SOOOO MUCH LIGHTER THAN YOU ROUGH BOYS AND CHECK OUT MY POSH BLOCK INLAYS". Sexy *****.

Wrong. The Jazzmaster is thinking:

Why couldn't I have been a Strat? :cry: And as for ruining my neck with those stupid block inlays, what on earth was Leo thinking of?

Still, it could be worse. I could be a Jaguar....

You guys need a new routine. You are trying too hard to call Jacco out in various threads about his painting of that Tokai. It is his guitar and thus his decision...just leave it be already! it is his money and his opinion that matters most to him, right? Besides the entire thread has been about that and nothing about the rare 100N!? :-?

Udonitron said:
You guys need a new routine. You are trying too hard to call Jacco out in various threads about his painting of that Tokai. It is his guitar and thus his decision...just leave it be already! it is his money and his opinion that matters most to him, right? Besides the entire thread has been about that and nothing about the rare 100N!? :-?

Thanks Chris, I can handle them both at the same time while asleep though :D
You're right, I will stop hijacking the thread, one last thing though

stratman323 said:
jacco said:

Probably not - why would I want to? :eek: Let's leave the Americans to design guitars & the Italians to design cars.

8)

Surf green was used on Chevys and sea foam green on Buicks..

the one on digimart had been butchered, no logo, refinished, bridge mount screwholes redrilled, changed PU, and terrible quality enlarged routing in the neck for a humbucker, that was why it was so cheap.

I saw that one as well, but am sure this one was up on Digimart as well last Saturday, since it went so quickly I think it may have been removed as a listing. Anyway, it is a nice relic but I think the 2TS versions are much nicer like the ones on Villager's site. That yellowing could be years of cigarette smoke.

EDIT: I an not losing my mind, the Tokai shows up on Google cache sans pictures: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...t-100&cd=11&hl=ja&ct=clnk&gl=jp&client=safari

I wonder what his minimum price is...I got a EX condition ST-80 with original warranty card and case last week for just a bit higher and doubt there will be extreme interest in Japan for this.

Back