Nice ST42 on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusnieman

Reaction score
Does this belong to a forum member? Look further down the description. Where did the Tokai pics and info come from (says its from the catalog - I don't think so)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-Springy-Sound-ST-42-Closet-Classic_W0QQitemZ320498172253QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item4a9f2e015d

jkbird59 said:
no worries the seller is the moderator of 21 frets fantastic site

Does that mean it's OK for him to crib pages off other people's websites? Or did he ask permission first?

That info is, I believe, from Peter Mac's forthcoming book that seems to be a hell of a long time forthcoming. If he doesn't get it published soon, everbody will have seen it before it even hits the shelves!

:eek:

Mike

stratman323 said:
jkbird59 said:
no worries the seller is the moderator of 21 frets fantastic site

Does that mean it's OK for him to crib pages off other people's websites? Or did he ask permission first?

Mike

I don't care who he is.... you don't lift someone elses copy - let alone misrepresent it as "actual catalog pages"

togps?

marcusnieman said:

Forum member and if I have got this right the importer & distributor of Tokai in Germany. I am sure I read that TOGPS has received permission from Peter Mac to include the Tokai historical information on his website. :p

njnall said:
marcusnieman said:

Forum member and if I have got this right the importer & distributor of Tokai in Germany. I am sure I read that TOGPS has received permission from Peter Mac to include the Tokai historical information on his website. :p

Thanks but I know togps well.... I was seeking his input on this. My point is, while it is Peter Mac's copy, it's being pawned of as "actual catalog photos" which is total BS

marcusnieman said:
My point is, while it is Peter Mac's copy, it's being pawned of as "actual catalog photos" which is total BS

Of course it's BS. Those pages are far too useful & informative to have come from a Tokai catalogue.

:wink:

stratman323 said:
marcusnieman said:
My point is, while it is Peter Mac's copy, it's being pawned of as "actual catalog photos" which is total BS

Of course it's BS. Those pages are far too useful & informative to have come from a Tokai catalogue.

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Exactly!

marcusnieman said:
njnall said:
marcusnieman said:

Thanks but I know togps well.... I was seeking his input on this. My point is, while it is Peter Mac's copy, it's being pawned of as "actual catalog photos" which is total BS

Sorry, I was half asleep when I answered, though I do remember thinking it rather strange that you'd question marked togps name given your wealth of contributions, but I obviously wasn't thinking clearly.:oops:

njnall said:
marcusnieman said:
njnall said:
marcusnieman said:

Sorry, I was half asleep when I answered, though I do remember thinking it rather strange that you'd question marked togps name given your wealth of contributions, but I obviously wasn't thinking clearly.:oops:

No worries :wink:

marcusnieman said:
I don't care who he is.... you don't lift someone elses copy - let alone misrepresent it as "actual catalog pages"

togps?

Just got aware about the thread and your posting, Marcus.
I informed Ebay yet ...
... dang, the auction has been cancelled.

Back