Real '59 'burst on eBaY

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanC

Reaction score
Wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-59-VINTAGE-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-WHITH-WHITE-PAFS_W0QQitemZ360190693919QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item53dd09d21f&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14

RyanC said:
Wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-59-VINTAGE-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-WHITH-WHITE-PAFS_W0QQitemZ360190693919QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item53dd09d21f&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14

With free shipping

Wow indeed!

Double white PAFs and what looks like a factory Bigsby, very rare, probably one of the rarest 59s available (doesn't necessarily mean most desirable).

Neck tenon looks a bit **** compared to what we're used to seeing on our Bacchus and Tokai LPs!!!! Heh heh, I kid, I kid...

Just jealous as hell, and can not avoid being extremely impressed with that LP - love the historical aspect to it and how great it must have been back then to be able to make guitars like that without bean counters f'ing it all up.

Good thing we have MIJ today!

yeah!
When you,ve dropped that amount of bucks on the guitar,you can buy it a nice vintage case,a snip at the price? :eek:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Gibson-Les-Paul-case-never-touched-by-Les-Paul_W0QQitemZ230379998353QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item35a3b7cc91&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The guitar,IF IT DID NOT HAVE THE BIGSBY,I WOULD MAKE AN OFFER! :wink:

MOJO HOBO

Wow.the nitro..amazing ! If I should be lucky today in german lotto,there?s a 30 000000 jackpot,i will send my offer to this guy :lol:

heh,nobody from the UK members knows him with this big tattoo ?

tom.jpg

Would be interesting to know his favourite pub after sales of this beauty.
His best buddies will be drunken for one week :lol:

It won't be many years before the 59 LP is played live for the last time. It's soon going to be too valuable to ever take out of the vault.

It's a weird conceptual thing because there must be many good reissues (Japanese and American) that are better than a mediocre 59. But value is all about consensus and these things won't drop in value until nobody plays electric guitars any more and no one can then remember why these guitars are special.

If I have some spare cash after the coffe today, I'll take it

I hope it's better than the very dodgy Strat body I bought from that seller in my early days on eBay. Personally I wouldn't buy another Strat body from him, never mind a vintage LP.

Mike

Seems that the guys here have a bad opinion about this burst

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/vintage-les-pauls/60246-1959-burst-bay-406k.html

Meh.

I wouldn't buy one even at 10% of that price or even less.

A top-end Tokai knocks spots off it in every respect.

"A fool and his money" etc. :roll:

It looks ugly for me. And it looks kinda "fake" i just dont see any mojo in it even if its all "original".

Oh well i guess i love MIJ stuff more lol :D :D

And if I was paying ?250K on a guitar, I'd want him to have cleaned his finger gunk off the 'board first... Or does that add to the historical mojo like the fluff on the bridge? :p

:lol: His listing says, "I CAN NOT TAKE ANY ON LINE PAYMENT FOR THIS ITEM YOU MUST COME AND SEE IT, COLLECT IT AND PAY CASH."

Yeah right! I'd gladly drive off to who knows where with half a million dollars in my pocket and dutifullly hand it over to a total stranger :-? .

Sorry guys, I'm a bass player and so naturally I have no clue about anything :roll:, but IMHO that guitar is just fugly. Hideous burst, hideous Bigsby, covered in scuzzz and just about at the end of it's useful life.

I bet eBay are hoping that he sells it though - they'll pocket a few thousand in commision on that sale (to add to their ever spiralling, obscene annual proftis ). :evil:

[/UGLY_RANT] :wink:

leadguitar_323 said:
Sorry guys, I'm a bass player and so naturally I have no clue about anything ,

Sounds like you are confusing yourself with drummers..... :p

Mick

On this forum, bass players are the equivalent of drummers :cry: , seeing as Tokai didn't make any drums and we don't have a forum section for our stick-juggling cousins :wink: .

It's very lonely over there in the 'Bass Guitars' section, hence the reason for me straying into the big boy's forum, but I'll shuffle off back there now and wait another week until there's a new post :( ....

Being fairly experienced in the vintage business I can tell you that a lot of these pieces are paid in cash. It is also known as money laundry :D !!

Its about a week since I played a 59. A plaintop that is both beautiful and a good guitar but not any better than a R9 or a high end Japanese LP.
I played a 60 Flametop not too long ago and it was totaly dead in the wood. However, it will still fetch 250k$ or more.

Those guitars are bought as an investment and it is an investment the Inland Revenue can't control.

Back