heads up....

Music stores and pawn shops where Tokai guitars have been spotted for sale. New or used.

Moderators: ian, ned

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:21 am

MIJvintage wrote:I don't know why anyone that looked at the photos believes it's a photo flame neck,
Because it doesn't look real.

villager
Guitar God

Post by villager » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:21 am

its not a JV...

thats the point...

Rossi
Guitar God

Post by Rossi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:28 am

I agree with villager its not a JV,but it does not say that in his discription :o {see i cant spell and im english ] :P :P so it must be hard for him to string it all together

I think hes put JV in his listing to get more people to look at it.He offered it to me before he put it on E-Bay and he didnt say it was a JV just that it was better than one.

JohnA
Guitar God

Post by JohnA » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 am

Maybe were being a bit harsh on him! Rossi, as you point out, his listing does clearly say 1986 ST-54-115 and if it's not a photo-flame neck as he says, it's a very nice guitar at a pretty OK price, not a bargain, but not way overpriced.

CrusHtone
Plucker

I know this guy

Post by CrusHtone » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:46 am

I am telling y'all, he is a player and a avid shopper in the Japanese music stores and he knows good stuff, and that is what he has purchased over the last 30 years. His story is true also about his fathers sickness. I took a chance on the guy a year ago and I am very glad I did.

Kind regards,
Richard

MIJvintage
Guitar God

Post by MIJvintage » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:20 pm

stratman323 wrote:
MIJvintage wrote:I don't know why anyone that looked at the photos believes it's a photo flame neck,
Because it doesn't look real.
What, "doesn't look real" about the neck?

What are you referencing; what photo(s)?

No, it isn't a JV; better guitar, lower price :)

On another note: I have seen this guy selling off some of the most awesome guitars, for about two years now, and every time he references his need for cash because of medical expenses for his father.

I believe his feedback as a seller should say quite enough..............
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... ij_vintage

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:43 pm

The flame doesn't look real to me. I may be wrong, but that was my first impression when I saw it.