Tokai TTE-80? Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambo27

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330207883784&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

Very odd looking Tele... I like it though.

Anyone know anything about it?

Sam.

Yes, it's too far away, and it has humbuckers - what more do you need to know? :-?

Seriously though, the whole point of a Tele is that amazing sound from the bridge pickup - if you don't have that, why bother with a Tele? If you want humbuckers, you have a choice of LP (one of which you already have....), SG, 335 type etc. etc.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth. :p

Mike

:lol:

No I complete I agree with you mate. I certainly wouldn't buy it in the hope of it doing the job of a tele. I just like unusual guitars (aesthetically if nothing else). :)

P.S. I was outbid on your Tokai tele the other day. Bugger! :x

OK, fair enough, & I see where you're coming from. Now, a Tele with P90s might be interesting though.....

Yeah, I didn't do too well with that grey Breezy of mine - I paid too much for it when I bought it, so I lost about ?70 on that deal. :( All part of life's learning process, I guess - you win some, you lose some. :-?

Yeah I'm a big fan of P-90s. I think there's a Fender 'Aerodyne' Tele which has a neck P90... never seen one in the bridge though.

Too bad about the loss on the Tokai. I know the feeling; I'm too brash with buying and selling gear... end up making losses far too often. :(

Now if you want to sell me that C.A.R finish Tele of yours, I could give you a fair deal. :wink: :D

I doubt if you could Sam! I've owned that since new in 1989, it's an A series Fender Japan, & it has many, many memories! It even has a new, hand made, nitro finished neck, modelled on my 86 Strat, as the old one was damaged. So I doubt if you could offer me enough to make me part with that one - that's a keeper, and has been for nearly 20 years.

8)

Ah I see. In that case, I wouldn't want to anyway; sentimental value is one of the many great things about guitars, and it sounds like that one has a load already. :) Wouldn't want to rob anyone of that.

Anyway, SOMEONE must know something about this Tokai (if it is the genuine article). Anyone seen one before?

Sam.

I think the sellers feedback and other items they are selling is always a good indication. I know nothing about the tele but I am certain it will be genuine and just as described.

that guitar looks familiar...

fivestar1009-img600x450-1171690582p.jpg

fivestar1009-img600x450-1171690569p.jpg

by the way my Fernandes is quite heavy, getting into Les Paul weight. Plays great, sounds the same and it`s the only one I`ve seen for sale on the web over here. Finish has sunk into the wood so the grain is coming through. It has a brass nut, saddles and bridgeblock. Love the guitar and have teles for that twang when I want it, but sometimes it`s fun to have something out of the ordinary...a tele with a trem.

Wow, that is a lovely fernandes! Very, very similar to the Tokai! :)

If I had the cash I MIGHT be tempted to put a bid in.

I saw that tele too and have asked the seller for more info. I'm not interested in buying it, but I have a very similar strat (see vintage forum - the post about the coil splitter).

I don't know an awful lot but from the info on here, I don't think it's from 1981 as the logo is 1984ish.

I really like my strat, but I'm not an afficionado by any means!

Dont forget the import duty even on the postage:Works out at about 20% on top :wink:

Back