BURNY DOUBLENECK WIRING

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Need some help on the proper proper wiring on my 1981 model.....Didnt work properly when received...Not sure exactly how the switches should work, but I assume the lower switch selects either bridge or neck pups and the upper switch selects which neck??....or is it the opposite way....Does anyone own one of these and could explain ....thanks :)

:D Thanks Mick...than I suppose the upper switch between the necks is actually the pup selector and the bottom switch selects which neck???...below is the upper switch with 6 terminals plus a ground so it looks similar.Just not sure how to wire correctly

P8300095.jpg

Looks like the schematic gives a better view than the wiring diagram. The neck p/up selector is picking up which pair of p/ups to pass to the standard, 3-position p/up selector. So, the neck selector is switching pairs of leads for the p/ups on one side or the other.

The schematic seems to show four leaves (arrowheads) and two commons (dots, junction points). So, I guess 6 solder points would be correct. The hot sides should be easy; two on one side, two on the other. Then, each common should go to its own respective side. I would wire up one side, and use a multimeter as a continuity tester to check my work.

Having said that, it sure looks easy on paper, doesn't it? I rewired an old Burny FLG-120 yesterday, and it was just a mess making heads-or-tails out of what someone had done. Some people just shouldn't do their own work.

Thanks Mick, Will give it a shot.....I deal with many schematics being a refrigeration tech so this should be easy right :roll: ....will let you know how it turns out :)

Anyone have a doubleneck and can explain how both switches work together .....neck selection vs pickup selection....

On my Gibson, the Toggle on the Lower Bout is the Neck Selector and the Toggle between the two stop Tailpieces is the Pickup Selector.

Hope that helps. :D

Thanks Mick and Rob,problem solved......Anyone needing help in the future dont hesitate to ask.Had this thing apart so many times I believe I can rewire it in the dark :wink:

You still have the doubleneck?
so is the middle switch the pup selector and the bottom one
for the necks?

How long ago, wondering if the one I have could be the one you owned.

Any schematic for this particular guitar?

Sold it last summer to a guy in New York City.
do a search here on the forum and you will find pics to compare

Only schematic was from gibson which wont wire correctly to the original burny switch...not enough terminals.Since I replaced with a gibby,I was able to wire it up :)

Hunter,

Strange how things migrate around. Your buyer sold it to 30th Street Guitars in NYC, and walked in yesterday and bought it! I am picking it up today or tomorrow, so it's westbound back towards PA again.

Glad I stumbled onto this thread! So, provided that the owner between us didn't screw up anything, is there anything special I need to know about the guts?

Peace- Doug

Latest posts

Back