Is this one a real deal? 80's RLC 60?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pylyo

Reaction score
Hey...
Guys what do you think of this RLC? Is it possible that it is what does the seller say it is and not some 2000's model? What is the general opinion of RLC 60 series?

" Fernandes Les Paul Custom copy, RLC60 (Burney) MIJ tobacco sunburst from early 80s. Made in Japan. Absolutely immaculate, no dings, no fretwear. Pickups exchanged for Rockinger PAFs ? but I have and will include originals with gold covers..."

burny-rlc60.jpg

burny-rlc-60.jpg

burny-rlc-60-.jpg

Yep, that's an early to mid-80's one... the split diamond inlay is a sure giveaway.

Are you specifically looking for the sunburst? If you are in North America, there is a very nice black beauty (early 80's split diamond) on ebay for a steal right now...

Maybe get a pic of the electronics cavity also. Have you read this article:

http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/burny%20info.html

There are some catalouges on the web also.

I am from EU so that one from US is out for me. I love this sunburst. And he price is 500?. I think that is a quite OK. What do u think ?

Thanx.

As long as the pups are original and someone has only removed the covers, the price is in line with the Customs I have been watching on ebay and Craigslist here in the States.

Like Bart suggested, have a look at Nil's paper on Villagers link... it's a very good read. I have a copy of the full '85 catalog and there is a SB RLC-60 like this one... I have never seen a 82-84 catalog, so I can't speak if there were SB's that early.

BTW, my RLC-65 ('85ish) is my favorite LP I have ever owned of any kind, and far superior to all the Gibsons I had over the years.

3pupLPC said:
As long as the pups are original and someone has only removed the covers, the price is in line with the Customs I have been watching on ebay and Craigslist here in the States.

Like Bart suggested, have a look at Nil's paper on Villagers link... it's a very good read. I have a copy of the full '85 catalog and there is a SB RLC-60 like this one... I have never seen a 82-84 catalog, so I can't speak if there were SB's that early.

BTW, my RLC-65 ('85ish) is my favorite LP I have ever owned of any kind, and far superior to all the Gibsons I had over the years.

If I recall correctly me and 3pupLPC have exactly similar guitars. I have also a 3pup black custom that I think is from -85. Very good guitar! Thinking about buying one more :)

Well thanks a lot guys for all your info. However I did check Nil's link many times but there is not much info about RLC's if I can remember. As soon as I receive it I will put some pics, because I can feel it in my bones that she is a real babe;)

cya.

Latest posts

Back