Who made this Burny and What year?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratman315

Reaction score
I recently bought this Burny, and it has some odd details.

It has the long Fugigen style neck tenon , no script on the head, no serial or model number that I can find. Grey paper in oil caps in the control cavity that look original. The pickups are metal colored on the base with grey wire like VH1 but lack any identification. The top is beutifully flamed The guitar has charcteristics of numerous generations of Burnys (or seems so from what I have found on the web) I was hoping someone more informed than me could help me out.

Thanks,
P.S. I am new to the forum, I own a 1996 Orville by Gibson Les Paul Standard that is all original with Gibson USA hardware and PUs. And now this Burny. And as you can tell by the name, a few Stratocasters as well.

I could not figure out how to add photos to my post so I can send them to you upon request.

Sign up for a free account at http://www.photobucket.com Upload the photos to their website then you can copy and paste the IMG code from their site into your posts here.

10.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Links to Pictures.

Looks like early '90s but it shouldn't have to have the grey paper in oil caps. Or... I don't know if some top of the line models MIK had that kind of caps.

I almost bought that guitar, it was advertised as a 94 or 95. It was a good price 450.00? I only passed because, I'm a traditionalist. I like the burst. I think you could be right about fujigen. That's what I thought, long neck tenon and no fret-edge binding. I looked at it for long time almost picked it up :)

Back