Burny DOB

Discussion area for Burny/ Fernandes guitars

Moderator: ned

Ikkyu
Guitar God

Post by Ikkyu » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:05 am

Hard to say. About your guitar, it seems a late'70s, early '80 one. It has the fret binding that is on the higher models, but there's short tenon, speed knobs and pups grey wire.
Maybe it's a '79 model.
About the guitars in that swedish store, I think they're all made in Japan. Only the new Burnies are made in China. I think some of the '90s were made in Korea.

Swede
Plucker

Nysse

Post by Swede » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:11 pm

I have owned more vintage guitars than I can remember. Many of my Japanese guitars are bought from Nysse. All of them are 100% top quality genuine japanese vintage guitars from FujiGen Gakki, Tokai etc. I have never been disapointed with guitars from this shop.

UITA
I only know 3 chords

Post by UITA » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:50 am

I have a similar model. I note that you don't have plate holes or covers, it could be the slash model also. The different colour is down to the lighting.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-l ... t-1-a.html
"Correct the wise man and he will thank you. Correct the fool and he will attack you."

NWOBHM
Guitar God

Post by NWOBHM » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:05 pm

I know the original post was a few months old but, all the Burny's posted in this sellers store look Japanese to me, they have 2 screw, winged truss rod covers, vh1 sticker on pup ring, where the Chinese ones usually have 3 screw covers.