Early Burny Les paul with sustainer?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dipstef

Reaction score
Hi,

this is my first post here, I recently discovered the great Japanese lawsuit guitars and this is an amazing source of information.
Just this weekend in a local shop I had the chance to try a Burny Les paul which not only sounded amazing, but had a stock fernandes sustainer which was hell lot of fun to play with!

The guitar has the no script headstock but with a different trussrod cover than the examples in this page:
http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/burny%20info.html

The seller think is an early burny model for the non-script headstock, but the stock fernandes sustainer seems a bit odd for that era, since I thought was more like a middle-late 80s thing. But I might obviously be wrong..

Here some pictures:

burnysus1.jpg

burnysus5.jpg

burnysus4.jpg

burnysus3.jpg

burnysus6.jpg

What do you guys think? Could you source the date of this guitar?

Is kind of expensive, but I did really love how this guitar felt, so I am giving more than a thought to it.

Thanks a lot for your help!

With the sustainer and the truss rod cover i'd be more inclined to say this is a late model Burny not an early one. Forum member MIJ Vintage should be able to tell you more about this model as he just loves his Burny's.. :wink:

Mick

Don't think that's a real one. I'd avoid to put my money on it. Never heard of a Burny with sustainer before the MIC ones made nowadays.
There are different strange things on that: covers on the back of body being black while the new ones are white/creamy and truss-rod cover above the rest. I think is a new one modified to look old.
In my opinion it'd be better you point your search somewhere else.

I have just seen a RLG95s over at Yahoo japan that is identical to this one apart from the fact all the electrics have been moved

barburny said:
I have just seen a RLG95s over at Yahoo japan that is identical to this one apart from the fact all the electrics have been moved

hi! Thanks for the answer.
would you rate this as middle-late 80s model? Isn't that odd the no logo headstock with the wings style trussroad cover? What do you mean that all the electrics have been moved?

The guitar is sold as a very uncommon and rare piece. I tried some other burny in the shop and this definetly sounded and felt much better than the others. The asking price is high, over 900 euros.. I might think to spend that only if is it a real deal japanese one from a good era for burny tokai.

What do you guys think?

barburny said:

hi! Thanks for the answer.
would you rate this as middle-late 80s model? Isn't that odd the no logo headstock with the wings style trussroad cover? What do you mean that all the electrics have been moved?

The guitar is sold as a very uncommon and rare piece. I tried some other burny in the shop and this definetly sounded and felt much better than the others. The asking price is high, over 900 euros.. I might think to spend that only if is it a real deal japanese one from a good era for burny tokai.

What do you guys think?

Back