serial numbers?? vol and tone pots??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesowden

Reaction score
some web sites i have visited seem to imply that absolutely no Burnys produced between 82ish to early 90,s have a serial number-is this true? i am currently trying to date a les paul custom with the serial number 70712 and have had suggestions(from members of this forum -which i do appreciate) that the first 7 in this number indicates 1987-would this be possible or is the info about a complete lack of serials during this time incorrect?
Also i find the vol and tone pots on the guitar are almost "on/off" swiches with very little response from 10 til 2 and then a drastic cut off-is this common and can anyone recommend particularily good replacements? i,m sure i could get a lot more out of the guitar if this was fixed.

As far as I know - from 83 till 86 there were no serial numbers. I used to have one.
Are those pots original? Maybe they're changed. Pots for volume/tone are not the same (linear - tone, logarithmic - volume). Maybe is here the problem.
Try CTS pots.

I have a MIJ Burny that is 80,s and has a serial number
It is stamped in and almost unreadable I am also sure I have read of othe stamped burnys that are almost impossible to see
I will try to do some research

hi
try looking at this link ...... all about burny
all the best otto
http://www.aquamusic.jp/product/30

I am the proud owner of an early 80's Burny FLG with a barely legible stamped serial number on the reverse of the headstock.

hi
sorry the wrong link ..... try this one instead
http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/burny%20info.html

all about burny '
all the best otto

RLGs from middle 80s on should have serial number printed in the neck pup cavity.

I've owned a ton of RLG & RLC models & I have yet to locate a serial # on a single one, anywhere on the guitars :-?

I have always assumed these are early 1980 to early 1990 models, based on the particular TRCs, pickups, logo placements, and a few other items

One of the RLG models, which I believe to be a late 1980/early 1990 even had a head stock face veneer; only Burny I've ever seen with one

Latest posts

Back