Screamin' Greco pickups question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Hitman

Reaction score
Any opinion on the quality of the "Screamin 1982" pups used in EG-600's would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-J

villager said:
they are pretty good ..apparently made by dimarzio...double trick were better and DRY Z and DRY 82 better again.

Thanks, so would you say they're similar to a Dimarzio Super Distortion or PAF type?

villager said:
they are pretty good ..apparently made by dimarzio...double trick were better and DRY Z and DRY 82 better again.

Funny you mention that villager. The Screamin 82's sure LOOK like 80's era Dimarzios as far as construction attributes go. One of these pickups in my '82 Goldtop EG57 has a tiny little "made in USA" sticker on the back below the "faux PAF" black sticker. It appears to be original too.

Some of the "Screamin 82" I've had sound pretty bland, but one stock set I have in a '84 EG59 sound amazing, maybe not as good as a nice pair of DRY's, but not shabby one bit either. This particular EG weighs under 8 lbs. though and has some of the nicest old mahogany I've seen yet on a Greco.

Back