Good deal or no? GRECO 59-70

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenshin1988

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking at this 1989 Greco 59-70. Can you guys give me some opinions on the quality and originality?

https://reverb.com/item/33099364-greco-eg-59-70-single-cut-1959-reissue-lp-mij-1989-teaburst

Thank you

Going to say around $850 shipped would be a reasonable price. Nothing there but a good later Mint Collection Greco, which can be found fairly easily IMO.

Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated. In your opinion would this level of guitar EG800 or this model etc be the best bang for the buck for a vintage Japanese Les Paul?

guitar hiro said:
I was completely serious in my above post & there is also the 'Make an Offer' option for the seller's item. :)

Thank you. I will consider that. 😄

Is this guitar higher quality in general than a gibson les Paul studio?

Kenshin1988 said:
guitar hiro said:
I was completely serious in my above post & there is also the 'Make an Offer' option for the seller's item. :)

Thank you. I will consider that. 😄

Is this guitar higher quality in general than a gibson les Paul studio?

I owned two 1989 Greco EG59-60 models many years ago & both necks were a bit thinner than I care for.
One was in mint condition & the other was very well played with some graceful aging.
They were both excellent guitars but I don't know a thing about the Gibson stuff so, can't comment there.
I would choose the Greco over a Gibson but I am biased toward MIJs. :)

I'd rock that Greco, long before i'd go for a Gibson studio if the money was similar. Any day of the week

Latest posts

Back