Randy Rhodes model whats the difference?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Randy Rhoads model is RLC-70RR Revival Series appearing about 1984, as far as Fernandes is a brand (which use Burny for their Gibson revivals- also some Fender in early to mid 70s- because it was a better sounding name and shorter), it was made by one maker. Late 80s it was made by abnother maker.

There is a V pointy with a Floyd Rose bridge too from The signature series too if I recall well. Have to recheck my article but it was written back in 2005-2006.

The Les Paul Randy Rhoads used was a creme 1974 LP, so pancake construction, maple top etc. He did customize it with a brass poker chip and TRC and a engraved pick guard.
In 1983 both Burny and Greco started producing a copy of ths guitar but none were exact copies (no pancake construction).

I always think of his white custom when i think RR. Here's what a Burny RR looks like. Non-original tuners, cool pick guard. Not too sure about the greco R R's

2jfmaew.jpg

15d02zn.jpg

15f24b9.jpg

2luorxi.jpg

s1oy8m.jpg

I was thinking more like neck shape etc. Were there differences in that regard. And was the Grecoo RR from 84 a good guitar. What are Dry ypickups apposed to Dry z pu's?

Neck shape on RR Burny's do vary a lot because they were made in 3 different factories from 1983 to 1998;
1983-1985 Kasuga
1985-1986 Matsumoku
1987-1998 Dyna
The Kasuga customs do have the thinnest neck on average, the Dynas (especially the ones around 1989-1990) have the thickest neck.

Regarding Greco's; these are MC collection, so a little thinner neck than the Super Real era.
There was a RR55 and a RR65, the difference only being the pickups; resp, screaming and Dry pups. Dry 1982 pickups are reported to sound very similar to Dry Zs.

Jacco what's the difference between the bog standard white LPC's and the Burny RR's . I've a white LPC burny but dunno if it was a RR version or just someones changed the knobs to gold and switch tip to brass.

Latest posts

Back