SUPER REAL BLACK STANDARD CHAMBERED

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Malloy

Reaction score
IMG-20120808-00072.jpg

IMG-20120808-00071.jpg

IMG-20120808-00070.jpg

IMG-20120808-00069.jpg

IMG-20120906-00110.jpg

I know these pictures suck but so does the Blackberry bold touch sensitive. hate it.. Anyway I thought maybe someone could tell me more about this guitar although when I play it I know all I need to know. I had it refretted and Plek'd by Joe Glaser. AMAZING! When I first got it it was wounded butI could tell there was somthing going on with it that wasn't normal or average and then when I went to pick it up after the $400 worth of work I was freaking out. They were too. fantastic guitar. I put a Tonepros Nashville style bridge on it and put the stock tail piece and bolts back on instead of the Graph Teck/tusq/Aluminum I had put on it after this picture was taken. Seems to be more solid now with heavier hardware. It's a killer. Did I mention that I like it? ;>) It's the one on the far right in my studio, the one in the middle is the 59-50 and far left is 59-45 which was a MESS when I bought it but now it's lookin good and ready for a Plek and then I might sell it as it's 9.5 pounds. trouble is after I get them plek's I cannot part with them they all play and sound perfect after that.

Hi Mitch,

Looks like an EG-450 or 480 if it is semi-hollow as it appears to be. The early 1980 Grecos all had Super Real on the headstocks. I had a similar one and was very impressed. The finish and quality in the one I had was excellent and it had a unique sound with the way it was built.
Nice to see you getting them set up nicely as they are great guitars.

Cheers,

Wulfman

Thank you. It's extremely LOUD. LOL And good. So it's really just an EG450? Wow... The neck is perfect and the tone is freakish. Now I see why it was so cheap.

And as far as the setting them up yes all my friends want to buy my guitars because they are all st up so nice and play so nice. I almost always sell anything to a friend. I'm going to have to Ebay the Bacchus collection though..

hi
i got one long time ago ,,,, mine was tobacco burst ,,,,, heavy ,,, and with the worst inlay work i have seen on a greco ,,, i must have to say it was the only greco i have had i did not like ,,,, it was in nitro :D :D thin neck ,,, not like egf 850 ,,,,
i got a eg 450 in black from 1982 ,,,, long tenor ,,,,, solid top ,,
black PIO caps ,,, no FEBS ....but a super guitar that i really like :D :D
so i low end greco can be a super guitar
all the best
otto

This one is 9 pounds. Best guitar I've ever played. But that's after the fret board leveling and the re fret that was expertly done by Joe Glaser. The new frets smoke my Mint collections frets that have been Plek'd. This one was plek'd as well after the refret job. Plus the SR neck is a little chunkier then the Mints which I like it's just the perfect guitar for me.

Mitch I have a black Super Real from 1982. It has a fat neck but NOT as fat as say an EGF850! Mine is a solid body, 3-piece top with the Super Real "Transition" logo and Mint Collection open O together. It has a sticker on the back that says "500" and has U-1000 pickups. Mine also has fret binding. I sold my EGF850 because my black Greco sounded better. I really like the pickups a lot. Paper in oil caps too. Heres a pic......

http://s962.photobucket.com/albums/ae102/newieboy/Greco%20Ladies%20in%20the%20sun/?action=view&current=SDC10821.jpg

Dave

see here super real with eg 500 sticker ,,,, :D :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121040649736?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Latest posts

Back