New here!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoo

Reaction score
Nice to find a place that will discuss guitars other than G***** and F*****!
I just bought a Greco SG. If anyone would care to have a look and make a comment...that'd be cool!
Stew

http://stewartwright.shawwebspace.ca/photos/view/greco/

hi
you got a korean made greco from the pictures ,,,,, i once had a greco lp made in korea .... very well made ,,,, but a bit heavy ....
hope you like it :D :D
all the best
otto

Thanks Otto!
I've been having all sorts of fun trying to nail down the various parts on this guitar. Like those little pots?! and the bridge. It seems to have the same measurements as a real ARB.
I've already put a set of Grovers on it and have a set of Burstbuckers coming. For some reason a previous owner "steel wooled" the finish, so I might try and polish back to a nice gloss.
Stew

Ya.. No idea why a previous owner would do that to the finish...although I like the way the neck feels with the finish "steel wooled". Had a bone nut put in this past week. I think some burst buckers will be next.
Stew

You would not believe what i have seen from previous owners!
every thing from butchery to complete stupidity.
these people do not deserve such fine guitars
(ok i know lots of people like to dull the new look)

I spent a 1/2 hour or so on the back with some McGuires med and fine cut polishes and managed to get a fair bit of the gloss back but you can still see some of the deeper scratches. I'll post more pix when she's all done!
BTW.. Any idea how old this guitar might be? Also... I still cannot find and info on those little pots, other than they're 500K. I swear I've seen that logo somewheres before but can't quite place it.
Stew

Done.
New bone nut, Grover tuners, Gibson Burst Bucker I and II, re &re the bridge posts ( no wobble now) and cut polished the finish. I'm real happy with her now!!
http://stewartwright.shawwebspace.ca/photos/view/after/

Stew

Latest posts

Back