EGF-1800 on yahoo jp

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jacco said:
Indeed! I'm thinking of bidding on this one, any ideas on the end price?

i think low.
The Yen is strong and financial crisis in Japan, US and EU make people keep their pennies.

There have been 4 1800's for sale in Japan the last month and I think they are still for sale (not Yahoo).

There was one 1800 on Yahoo just 5-6 weeks ago and it reached 150k.

But, the one up now is nice looking so it might attract the right people.

nice that it's tobacco burst. I much prefer that to the cherry bursts...even when they are faded.

200K now....lol.

What's with Jauce prohibiting int'l shipping of Brazilian and Jacaranda board guitars?

Koubayashi said:
jacco said:

i think low.
The Yen is strong and financial crisis in Japan, US and EU make people keep their pennies.

There have been 4 1800's for sale in Japan the last month and I think they are still for sale (not Yahoo).

Kob,..... 210,000 and climbing....... 8)

CliffsComicWorld said:
Koubayashi said:
jacco said:

i think low.

Kob,..... 210,000 and climbing....... 8)

As I wrote: But, the one up now is nice looking so it might attract the right people.

The last one on Yahoo was a regular Cherry burst. Didn't go over 150k Yen.

OT: there are 3 or 4 EGF1200 on Yahoo right now as well.

jacco said:
triniloverock said:
What's with Jauce prohibiting int'l shipping of Brazilian and Jacaranda board guitars?
Only to the US :D

Every auction that contains the words "Jacaranda" or "Brazilian" prompts a colored disclaimer window right above the browser auction title, that reads:

"Items contain or are made from Jacaranda are prohibited to ship internationally."

...or...

"Items contain or are made from "Brazilian rosewood" are prohibited to ship internationally."

Do these auction disclaimer banners not display outside of American server networks ?

Reborn Old said:
jacco said:
triniloverock said:
Only to the US :D

Every auction that contains the words "Jacaranda" or "Brazilian" prompts a colored disclaimer window right above the browser auction title, that reads:

"Items contain or are made from Jacaranda are prohibited to ship internationally."

...or...

"Items contain or are made from "Brazilian rosewood" are prohibited to ship internationally."

Do these auction disclaimer banners not display outside of American server networks ?

Never seen them.

So there is a risk of being arrested for this in the States?

Koubayashi said:
Never seen them.

No, nothing like that. If you have a YJ Japan account you won't be affected. This applies to users of the Japan Auction Center proxy bidding interface only.
It turns out that if the words Jacaranda or Brazilian are used in an auction thread, Jauce's bid button is disabled, effectively preventing bidders from bidding on the item using the Jauce proxy interface. That's confirmed for the Canadian and US West Coast so far, but probably affects everyone using the Jauce interface instead of YJ directly, or other proxy services.
It's good news for registered Yahoo Japan members bidding on premium guitars like this EGF-1800, but not good news for sellers of these models trying to get top dollar for their guitars, unless they leave out these keywords that trigger bid disablement. It may give sellers a greater opportunity to keep more premium models in Japan, should they choose to do so.

I'm sure you have and will. Good luck BTW. :)
If unchanged from when I used it, Rinkya's fee structure makes bidding on premium guitars pricey. A bigger deal for some than others.
I guess if someone wants an item bad enough, they'll just have to bite the bullet.
Other proxy services and WinWindo, may very well follow Jauce's lead in time, if it means averting situations like
customs seizures, lawsuits, and/or justifiably, very unhappy buyers. All of which may have contributed to Jauce putting this "lock out" feature in place.

Time will tell, I guess ...

Reborn Old said:
Koubayashi said:
Never seen them.

No, nothing like that. If you have a YJ Japan account you won't be affected. This applies to users of the Japan Auction Center proxy bidding interface only.
It turns out that if the words Jacaranda or Brazilian are used in an auction thread, Jauce's bid button is disabled, effectively preventing bidders from bidding on the item using the Jauce proxy interface. That's confirmed for the Canadian and US West Coast so far, but probably affects everyone using the Jauce interface instead of YJ directly, or other proxy services.
It's good news for registered Yahoo Japan members bidding on premium guitars like this EGF-1800, but not good news for sellers of these models trying to get top dollar for their guitars, unless they leave out these keywords that trigger bid disablement. It may give sellers a greater opportunity to keep more premium models in Japan, should they choose to do so.

F*ck me, this world just gets dumber and dumber, and less and less free.

A second hand guitar, FFS... it's too LATE you stupid shites, the tree was cut down many years ago. Lol. :lol:

I think we are going to see it get more and more difficult to move guitars (or other heritage items made from wood) between countries. Hang on to what you have or grab what you can while the chance is there! I would hate to risk having something that precious held up in customs or forfeited.

Latest posts

Back