$2,200 for a no serial number Korean? Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Reaction score
What happened here?

Based on the usual identifiying charactoristics, I'd say someone paid a bit much. Am I wrong?

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRECO-LES-PAUL-CUSTOM-OPEN-O-MINT-COLLECTION-SERIES-/320643158069?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa7d25035

The buyer posted on another forum about the purchase but didn't mention the price. I had a feeling that he paid more than what we will call "market price". I would have gladly sold my 1982 EG58-100 for less than that.

he conveniently forgot to mention this part:

Some Greco open book headstock Gibson replicas starting from around 1988 had no serial numbers. The lower priced no serial number Greco Les Paul and SG models were made by Cor-Tek (Cort) and usually have Cor-Tek (Cort) potentiometers. The Cor-Tek made Greco guitars have square shaped, brick like nuts with no slope and also often have shielding paint in the pickup and control cavities.

I'd say they overpayed around $1800!! :eek:

Yes, it's a Tokai made Greco.

That Ebay seller obviously knows nothing about Grecos and the prices are just not very real, to say the least.

Maybe Villager should go into selling Cort made Grecos when they are selling at these prices :D

hi
i got a greco egc 75 a lp jr and a sg made by tokai
all very well build ,,, but i dont think could get 1800 us for any of them :D :D
all the best
otto

muccax said:
hi
i got a greco egc 75 a lp jr and a sg made by tokai
all very well build ,,, but i dont think could get 1800 us for any of them :D :D
all the best
otto

A Gibson Customshop junior or a Cort Greco....Hmmmmm....

well the buyer left positive feedback for the seller,so I guess it actually helps the value of all of our guitars LOL :eek:
I almost want to contact the buyer to let him know he was ripped off ?
or was he? if he paid for it,and is happy with it,does it matter that he overpaid for it? I guess he'll find out the hard way if he ever trys to sell it.... :cry:

the buyer knows he was ripped off after being told so, but his head is in the sand, and justifies the price because it has some crap 70's gibson pickups in it. he got the shaft, and doesn't care. he's got more money than he needs apparently. it's the positive feedback that bewilders me.

thermionickid said:
the buyer knows he was ripped off after being told so, but his head is in the sand, and justifies the price because it has some crap 70's gibson pickups in it. he got the shaft, and doesn't care. he's got more money than he needs apparently. it's the positive feedback that bewilders me.

+100

thats why I would never bother telling somebody they were ripped off :roll:

I have a white 82 "open O" LPC with fret end binding that I paid ~ $500 for 2 years ago, a black 84 lpc that was $250 (Body and neck only), and another white 85 that I recently sold for $600, all "OPEN O" with serial #s. I didn't know there was anything special about the open O.

But I must admit, that bolt neck with the non-mahogany back and double burst sure looks sweet for $1200. :roll:

Latest posts

Back