Greco Rickenbackers - many questions, few answers

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonovich

Reaction score
Some questions for any experts out there on Greco Rickenbacker copies

1. When did Greco start making copies of Rickenbacker (a) guitars and (b) basses? The first catalogue containing guitar models I've seen is 1977 but one suspects earlier production, especially of the 480 copy. Basses seem to date to about 1974

2. What guitar models did they copy? Catalogues seen list what amount to 320/5, 480, and 360OS 6 and 12 string copies, but I've also seen on-line a blue 360NS 12 string dated 1989.

3. When did they stop producing such copies? The last catalogue containing guitar & bass models is 1990 but I've seen guitars dated 1994 and even 2000 advertised for sale.

4. Is it true that there are two versions of the 325 copy, a cheapo and a much better version? There is no evidence of this distinction in the catalogues but I've seen some on-line examples without the fish tail bevelling for the tailpiece (the cheap) and others with it (the better ones). Any light to be shed here?

I've looked at various on-line Greco catalogues, but these seem to give a very incomplete picture. Maybe there's someone out there who knows or can find out more than I can.

hi
i got a 86 rg 750 ric copy (a 320 model )...... mine is a solid body guitar ,,, but the model i have are missing the ric cut.... where the tail piece sits
:D :D :D i have seen a model a 325 witch has that cut ...
:D :D
hope you understand what i mean .... but not easy to explain.... :D :D :D '
there are some link on this site on greco ric ... have you seen them :D :D
all the best otto

Latest posts

Back