New User, new Greco

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch53GT

Reaction score
Hi everybody, great forum you have here. My name is Dirk and I'm from the netherlands. I am a Gibson fan, but I bought a Greco the other day.
Since I have NO idea what it is, I'd like some information about this guitar.

What do you think? Has long neck tenon, no sticker and a back refin(??)
Was a good price, and it looked like a good guitar.

THANKS!

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02672.jpg

DSC02675.jpg

DSC02676.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

Hi Dirk,

Pictures from:

front of headstock
back of headstock
inside control cavity
pickup cavity
bottom of pickups
tenon
pickup cavity to see if it is a massive top or not

...would help the experts.

Welcome!

Looks like a refin on the headstock as well - Gibsonized. Makes it harder to tell what you have.

Cream cavity covers too - most possibly not Japanese made.

Thanks, will make some more pictures as soon as I have the guitar!

(BTW it has Gibson hardware, at least the PU's are, we'll see when it arrives tomorrow.)

might be a mint collection if it has the long tenon, but more pictures of the cavities would help...

I'd like to know how it rates as an overall les paul type guitar, considering you have a great 53 and a great 60 historic.

I just recently bought a 1980 greco egf-850 and while I haven't had the funds to buy the rest of the hardware (blame it on a 1968 pro reverb), I can see it's a very promising base for a guitar that I can't wait to get restored so I can play.

The sunburst pattern looks a bit unusual. The dark ring seems thinner than normal, especially around the toggle switch.

Back