help identify this greco sg

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andtosi

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.es/Vintage-Greco-SG-Made-in-Japan_W0QQitemZ130236779168QQihZ003QQcategoryZ2384QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

long tennon but no serial number...japan made????????
thanks

hi
the best way to see if it is a korean made sg ...... is to see if the head is glued on .... it it not easy to see on the picture ,,,, but ask for a better picture and a picture off the control cavity ,,,, so you can see the pots ..
all the best
otto

I don't know... that routing looks a lot like the Tokai no serial routes, and nothing like the Cort, shielded routes. Those are also the same pickups that came in my Tokai-made Greco LPC. I've never seen braided shield wired pickups in a MIK/MIC unless they were swapped out. They usually come with that plastic coated wire.

I should have looked at the listing properly.. :oops:
Kenji {seikosuru}is a honest dealer and i have bought a couple of guitars off him and also have spoken with him at length on the phone, if he says its MIJ then i'd be inclined to believe him.

Mick

I don't think the Korean ever used those shields on the pickup wires. The shape of the head (very large and square) makes me think of the 70's Greco.

Looks like this one is probably a Tokai made Greco SG. The pickup cavities 2 routing holes are the larger square type which are also on the Tokai made no serial Greco LP's and of course on Tokai's from the same period. This is the first no serial Tokai made Greco SG I've seen, all of the other no serial Greco SG's I've seen have been Cort made. Also the look of this SG screams Japanese made to me.

Back