What would this be? '88 LP Custom content

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imlikeajungle

Reaction score
IMGP0529.jpg

IMGP0537.jpg

IMGP0539.jpg

IMGP0517.jpg

Apparently the pups have been swapped to MIJ Orville, so can't use those.
Any thoughts? Seller says EG600 from '88, but I can't seem to find evidence to confirm this.
Also, what would have been the specs of these baby's?
Low end/high end? He's asking 350?.

Thanks!

Definetely 88 based on the serial no, and EG600 isn't particuarly high-end, so I wouldn't worry about the model number on a ?350 guitar, juat check it's all working, no breaks/repairs amd it plays well.

John, thanks for the reply. Do you reckon it is worth the 350?? I am buying from the mainland, the guitar is situated in the UK so I can't try it out. I am just trying to figure out some specs to see whether it would be worth the leap.

I would say that's an OK price. The mint collection guitars are normally very good, and it looks to be in excellent condition.

It's not cheap, but not too much in my opinion. See if you can talk the seller down to ?300 :D

I've had several EGC's similar or identical to that one. Some of them are pretty heavy like 10+ lbs. but were always high quality. Looks like it has the good jumbo frets also.

Yes, maple cap and rosewood board. MAhogany neck? Probably.

I' don' t see the point in swaping P.U. for something more or less equivalent? or did the guy thought that Orville pickup were on the Gibson leveL?

No idea, it indeed is strange. I swapped the pups in my 800PR too, so I guess I might do it again if I get this one.

Latest posts

Back