Help ID this Greco sunburst Les Paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Ashley

Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling this guitar, but am not sure exactly what it is. It seems to be a mint collection EGF model..not a 1200 though. No fret edge binding...the pickups were switched out to Gibson Burstbuckers, so I can't ID from the originals. Possibly an 850 or 1000? Thanks for any suggestions. serial number is 9 5407.

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

I've had a couple very similar to yours. Probably a flame veneer top. Could be an EG59-70, 80, or 100. Mine had the model written with Sharpie in the bridge pickup route but I've only seen that once and it was a 1989 model.

Here's a link to a photo of the pickup route of an '89 EG59-70.
Not mine but this one is marked as I described above.

http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/cfil6789/vwp?.dir=/235f&.dnm=baea.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

fiftywatt said:
I've had a couple very similar to yours. Probably a flame veneer top. Could be an EG59-70, 80, or 100. Mine had the model written with Sharpie in the bridge pickup route but I've only seen that once and it was a 1989 model.

Thanks for chiming in! After more research, I'm thinking the same thing, it's an EG59-xx. Nothing written in my pu cavity unfortunately.

This guitar was sold to a fellow forum-ite and is on the way to WA who may post pics along with his other Grecos when it arrives.

Kyle,
Once again,... Thanks for the excellent phots and dislosures of the guitar... I have not been able to put it down....Cliff

Back