1984 Greco Flying V with Dry-B ??????????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffsGuitarWorld

Reaction score
Ok.... Help on this one... Headstock looks different and Dry-ZB Pups????

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-Greco-Flying-V-MIJ-PAF-Kahler-Fujigen-Gakki_W0QQitemZ150249063962QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cliff

dry Z were not made after 1981/2

those are not DRY-Z A B C or anything else.

they are also probably not made by maxxon either..

those are possibly dry 1982 with a black cover, possibly another type of DRY pu for the lower model non LP models ....

and koiz is wrong about 2 types of dry Z...

and most other things....

I think it's EMG style P.U. I see those sometimes sold on Yahoo or on modern style grecos.

I was surprised too at first as it is labelled as DRY so I was expecting DRY Z or 82. Don't know what they worth but usually they go for cheap on yahoo.

NOt B stock and not Z.

villager said:
those are possibly dry 1982 with a black cover, possibly another type of DRY pu for the lower model non LP models ....

I owned a 1985 Greco RR-65 with these same pickups. Like Villager says, regular Dry 1982 with black covers. I suspect just to cash in on the EMG craze of the day. As far as my limited experience, these were just like the regular open coil or nickel covered Dry 1982 pickups.

I have one of these
The pups are dry 82s
The trem is not Kahler but a Greco thats a real poor atempt at a FR and a real pain to string

The guitar has ended on Ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-Greco-Flying-V-MIJ-PAF-Kahler-Fujigen-Gakki_W0QQitemZ150249063962QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My question that no one addressed was the headstock?... I have never seen this before is this real or suspect?.. Also this guitar does not appear in the 1984 Greco Catalog.....Best,.. Cliff

Here is the headstock on mine with just a little more text on it
P9300006.jpg

I have seen the Device headstock logo before on line here but usually on tele type guitars that came in a few models and prices.

Latest posts

Back