tokai-martin copy and yamaha

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadmuska

Reaction score
can anyone please help me identify 2 of my lovely recent bought acoustics and year of manufacturing? or links to this acousitcs. some of my friends say that this is a vintage guitars. thanks

1. tokai hamamatsu -TF 150 (4 96.26)

2.YAMAHA G80A

DSC_0656_zpsecb8f733.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSC_0654_zps3feed35d.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSC_0651-Copy_zps4308487d.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSC_0659_zpse3c0a78a.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSC_0664_zps3ac15fe9.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSC_0661_zps720a61b0.jpg
[/URL][/img]

I think the serial number is more like 49 6. 26 for the Tokai.

Like i said at the other site i'm betting that decodes to 1974 June 26th.

thank you brokentoes, whoah! cant believe this guitar will lead me to a vintage acoustic years.

XX X. XX = YearX X. XX(date)?

any site/link/catalogues that would lead m for the details of this martin copies?

Well your guitar could be older, i'm only guessing that i can decode the serial number, it could just be some random numbers. I do know that May 1965 Production of acoustic guitars commenced, and that in February 1972 Technical Contract with C.F. Martin & Co for design of acoustic guitars started, when the first guitar for them appeared for sale from this co-op i have no idea. I would imagine this would mean that they would make Sigma's for importation away from Japan, and Cat's eye's for Japan itself, but i'm fairly new myself to this detective work, and I'm far from being an expert i'm afraid.

http://www.tokairegistry.com/faq/tokai-faq.html

Latest posts

Back