CE-350TW confusion

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clueless

Reaction score
I may be about to ask a stupid question but I have searched this forum and other sites in English and Japanese and can't the information I'm looking for so at the risk of showing my ignorance, here goes.

I've been looking for a reasonably priced 12-string for a while and have come across a CD-350TW at a price which makes me suspicious even though it's being sold by a reputable music shop which has only a small number of second hand instruments.

When I first started searching the net I found references to both "Cat's Eyes" and "Cat's Eye" with what look like the same model numbers but are they really the same? Is one a cheap copy? I didn't have time to check the serial number or anything on the label but the logo had no "s" at the end. The price tag suggested it was a model from the '80s but nothing else other than the price of 148,000 yen.

Can anyone help clear up my confusion?

Is there something specific you expect me to find on the label? Or are you just saying there is not enough information to answer the question?

It is an hour each way from where I am to get back to the shop and whilst the cost of the journey is a small fraction of the cost of the guitar, it is significant if it turns out to be a wasted journey.

First all,where are you located? Value is not the same in every country, price changes as model designation does(UK, for example).

Check catalogs and compare to the CE you are interested in.It would give you some info.

I'm in Japan (at the moment) where guitars, and musical instruments in general, are typically more expensive than in Europe.

The question I'd really like someone to answer, in my first post, is "Did Tokai Gakki really have 2 variants of the Cat's Eyes brand, one with the final 's' and one without?" I 've never seen the logo without the 's' before and always assumed references to it on the internet were just typos. I've not been able to find any images without the 's' online.

Maybe this is the wrong section of the forum for that question.

Back